May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

20 Aug 2020 14:00 #30696 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:dry: :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2020 20:56 - 20 Aug 2020 20:57 #30700 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

There is no easy mode! I checked... It goes from normal up to apocalyptic or something like that, but not down to easy...

:cry:
I was sure that there was a story vs action option where I didn't choose the lowest setting.
I ended up watching a YouTube video to try and learn where I was going wrong and that guy was playing on a much higher level than me, he was getting three of those shooty baddies where I struggle with one. Yet he stayed alive! :dunno:
I think my rubbish dodging skills are the key to my failure. My WASD keyboard efforts just don't get better with time.

I've also been having similar problems in Tomb Raider Anniversary now that I've got to the two Centaur bosses. It's such a technical struggle trying to hit all those keys at the right moment. Shoot, move, crouch-move, dodge roll, shoot, grapple, use, etc. Then scream in pain as the knuckles of my left hand seize up. :lol:

20 Aug 2020 21:48 #30702 by Charlotte
hmm well, at the travel points/crystals there was a choice between campaign and open world? Or something... is that the story vs action option you refer to? I don't know if those options also let you choose difficulty levels as I just stayed with the one already active...

20 Aug 2020 22:43 #30703 by Valence
I think that world choice thing at the crystals is something completely different that I also don't understand. :lol: I was gonna look that up when I stopped dying. :dry:

Witcher 3 also has one of those story vs action settings when you first play and I always assumed it was a difficulty thing. Perhaps it has something to do with the cut scenes instead. :shrug:

20 Aug 2020 22:56 #30704 by Charlotte
Hmm I must have missed it entirely... or already forgotten it entirely... :dumb:

21 Aug 2020 02:15 - 21 Aug 2020 02:17 #30706 by Valence
Remnant was patching tonight so at least that saved me from dying. :eyeroll:

So let's fight with fists instead!
Into the drinks machine you go...

Mmm, sparkly drinks...

And you can have a knee to the groin as well...

That's those thugs dealt with. Anybody else want some? :stare:

I was experimenting by recording videos of gameplay tonight which is a nice way to pick out specific screenshots from the hectic action after the fact. It's also a nice way to fill up your hard drive with massive video files so I probably won't be doing that again. :dry:
Half a Gigabyte for three minutes?! :nope:
Attachments:

21 Aug 2020 12:18 #30708 by Charlotte
I spent the morning building a base in Subnautica. And then.... I come back from one of my scavenger runs to find a reefback stuck in my base! I tired to push it and hurt it.... No effect. Dismantled the closest piece of the base. It moved CLOSER. Stoopid thing. I then spent some time picking mushrooms and plant seeds from it's back and finally decided I had to dismantle my moonpool - but as I had just started putting up wall lockers and filling them, I really hoped it wouldn't get worse still. I also figured it could make a "nice" screenie to post here... So I went into my moonpool and dismantled the vehicle upgrade station. Then I went back outside to dismantle the entire moonpool.... And - from the lack of a screenie, I'm sure you can guess what I found. Or didn't find. :eyeroll:

21 Aug 2020 13:26 #30709 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Did you find... Monkey!? :woohoo:

21 Aug 2020 13:59 #30710 by Charlotte
:dry: I think you're confusing our forum threads...

21 Aug 2020 14:01 #30711 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
The nature of forum discussions are irrepressible :confident: