May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

22 Aug 2020 13:32 #30729 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
So is that a mod to stop you being over-encumbered? ;)

I was a little concerned that my new pet wouldn't sit on the raft. It sits on the ground, as the screenie obviously shows, but when he follows me on the raft it flaps about up in the air. So the trip back home consisted of me sailing off with the Pteranodon flying behind me, and it was flying very low just above the water. So low that the angry fishies kept attacking it. :ohmy: And seeing as it's only a level 4 and Pteranodons are not that great at staying alive anyway I was very worried that it was gonna die before I even got home! :dry:
I'm hoping that the saddle (when I can get it! :eyeroll:) might allow me to manually land/walk it on to the raft as that would make travelling a bit safer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2020 14:16 #30730 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
You'll have to build it a cage! :P

and if you count running out of inventory slots as being over encumbered, then, yes. It doesn't slow you don't (or make you sink) though. The carry alls become rather magical with the mod; you can pack one with nine items and then pack the full bag in a new one, in which you add 5 more (1x1) items before you put that in the next bag, and add 5 items etc. And then you just have to carry one, but you get all of them home with you :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

22 Aug 2020 15:15 #30731 by Valence
Ah, the good old bag in a bag in a bag in a bag trick. :lol:

There's a Skyrim mod which is an entire house in a bag. :blink:
I didn't install that because it felt a bit too close to cheating. :)

But bag in a bag etc. is acceptable. :aha:

22 Aug 2020 19:59 - 24 Aug 2020 13:36 #30732 by Valence
Just been getting to know everyone in Riften, including some of the prisoners.
Hey, wait a minute-
This one looks less like a prison cell and more like a five star hotel!

Look at the food, the nice bed, the luxurious storage cupboard. Looks better than some of my houses.
Obviously a powerful fellow behind these bars. I suddenly feel like I'm starring in Skyrim's version of Silence Of The Lambs. :eek:

He didn't say anything about chianti and fava beans, but there was plenty of bragging about murder. And although there was no chianti I did remember to pick up some of that special beer for that layabout Jarl back in Falkreath. It seems like years since I got that quest. And it'll probably seem like more years until I complete the very long journey back to him to deliver it. I hope he's patient. :lol:

EDIT: And I just killed those damn centaurs in Tomb Raider! :rock:
Attachments:

22 Aug 2020 22:17 #30734 by Charlotte
yay.... :stare:
I've been keeping my base relatively small for once, with as many functions as possible in the same rooms. And without using "extensions" between rooms. Which was working great until I decided to reduce my titanium stocks slightly by adding a second floor where I intend to have my alien containment. Two floors means more fish! But alas the next door room already has a room above it and you can't have two passages between rooms right above each other (and the passages are made automatically so I can't do anything about it). So, I considered removing the room and adding extensions so the room would be further away from the other room.... but no, I can't. Because I have a foundation type thingy below with a planter on it. :stare: (The foundation and the room could each be there without the other so it REALLY shouldn't matter...)

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to extend the base and have two alien containments. Or make do with one small... Placing my bed (incidentally in that other upper floor room) was also almost impossible, and I had to settle for another place than I first intended. Added lots of small bits and pieces and it works OK, except I did leafy walls in the rest of the room, but NOT behind the bed (as it was giving me trouble). And now I'm annoyed that there isn't a leafy wall but I've added too much to want to remove everything, including the bed, to fix it. :dry:

After these little setbacks, I decided to have some apricot cream because it seems I've forgotten to eat dinner. I thought maybe it needed a bit of a shake, like yoghurt and stuff often do. But apparently I didn't remember to put the cap back on the other day, so my "little shake" made a messy floor, carton and me. :dumb:

Seems I'm having "one of those days" :dry:

24 Aug 2020 10:17 #30741 by Charlotte

Attachments:

24 Aug 2020 13:14 #30743 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
That would probably look much better without the large sea creature wedged in the side. I suggest you remove that. :confident:

24 Aug 2020 13:18 #30744 by Charlotte
:stare:

24 Aug 2020 13:27 #30746 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Ouch!
Remnant is tough (for me at least. Banj would probably finish it in a day. :eyeroll:):

That seems unlikely at the moment. It was one of the few free games they have had that I was interested in playing and when I went to install it on Friday so I could complete it and uninstall it by Saturday and tell you how easy it all was it wasn't in my library :argh: So I thought I'd try and contact their customer services to see if something could be done to rectify this problem and their first response was "Hey, we understand you are having a problem starting a completely different game to the one you mentioned in your support ticket which we didn't read, here's a possible fix". I may be doomed :eyeroll:

24 Aug 2020 13:40 #30747 by Valence
Not having played Subnautica, I did wonder what the hell that big blue thing was. :lol:

You get emailing, Banj! Get your money's worth from that freebie! :stare:
I think the only way I'll experience the later levels is by reading your descriptions of them. :dry: