April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

30 Aug 2020 21:05 #30813 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
...I successfully installed an Oblivion horse utility mod that allows whistling/calling and saddlebags for storage. :)
And immediately found that you can only put the bags on the horses you own and not this one that I'm still "borrowing". :(

And just to mock me further I discovered another heavy, magicky, expensive weapon beneath that man I recently killed. So I now have to pick one from four and I can't even drag the others to a nearby shop to flog.

Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm still early in the game so maybe I should just focus on the next main quest and leave all the looting and storage worries for later. :shrug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Aug 2020 21:15 #30814 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
But it's early in the game you need all that dang storage! Later you'll know what you should keep and what you can discard! :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Aug 2020 11:53 #30816 by Valence
After much googling it seems like the best storage option early in the game is to just leave stuff on the floor. :lol:
So I'm gonna be doing some littering for a while. :evil:

31 Aug 2020 12:31 #30817 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
The infinite storage box a.k.a. the ground.

31 Aug 2020 13:55 #30820 by Charlotte
As long as you can trust the stuff to remain. In both Subnautica and ARK for instance, stuff disappears if you drop it. (Not sure if ALL stuff disappears but why take the risk...?)

31 Aug 2020 14:22 #30824 by Valence
Apparently dead bodies are "safe" containers in Oblivion but only if they were already dead when you found them. :blink:
The ground may be OK as long as there isn't a nearby fight because in that case NPCs like to pick up any weapons they see.

However if there's too much clutter near cell borders then the game sometimes glitches and the cell doesn't load properly. I experienced this a while back when a baddie I killed dropped a few weapons and then later when I returned that way a massive square hole appeared in the terrain. :lol:
A reload ensued after I fell into the void. :)

31 Aug 2020 20:55 #30839 by Valence
I successfully dumped all my excess baggage on the floor! :thumbup:
This then allowed me to pick up the heavy stuff and take it to the "Fighting Chance" shop for some haggling. It took four or five trips to get rid of it all but I now have some gold and I'm no longer over-encumbered. But I have gone back to a one-handed sword with a light shield. The big-bash two-handed claymore was a little too much.

So on with the main quest! :pirate:

01 Sep 2020 01:27 - 01 Sep 2020 02:12 #30842 by Valence
Is that a Unicorn? :blink:

I think it is. But I'm not getting off the raft for a closer look. :nope:

I was taking my Pteranodon for a sail on that raft. You can just walk it up the ramp and it does then sit there while you travel. You can also land it directly on the raft too but that can be a bit more tricky. I did miss my turn on the first attempt and got the thing stuck underneath. :oops:
That console command "Ghost" does come in handy. :lol:

I then had a little flap around Craggs Island picking off some metal around the coast and swooping inland for a couple of supply drops. The flying thing is really good for that as you can get in and out pretty quickly so I'm not missing out on nearby goodies anymore. And while I was taking in the sights I noticed at the top of the island it looked like there were some of those ruins so I thought I'd risk trying to look for a dossier up there but then... ants.
I didn't really like being attacked in the air. One annoying thing about flying is that you can't use your own weapons like you can while riding the Parasaur. Add to that the fact that Pteranodon's own attacks deplete a LOT of stamina and it seems like dogfighting the ants high in the air would be a bad idea.
So I flew myself away like a flapping coward and thankfully managed to outrun (outfly?) them quite easily. :)

EDIT: Meanwhile on Forefather's Eve, Geralt takes on 5 drowners and a Water Hag while the charming Pellar chants out a rhyme...

"What is this life? What do ye say?
Why have you put your sword away!?
You'll only die within the mists,
As you fail to hit them with your fists."

:eyeroll:
Attachments:

01 Sep 2020 04:56 #30843 by Charlotte
that rhyme obviously addresses the accidental sword-sheathing issue...

me, I decided to get to bed a bit earlier than usual. Which resulted in me waking up around 2.30 am unable to go back to sleep. So I got up eventually, and played some more Harvest Town (the pixelly Asian game with incomprehensible dialogue). Feeling a bit sick of it now, though, after repeatedly dying when monsters attack or things go boom, IN SPITE of being outside the area of influence... :stare:
(I need to get to level 30 of a cave but keep dying on level 29 due to a monster with an area of attack that seems to stretch way beyond the marked squares... )

01 Sep 2020 11:48 #30847 by Valence

that rhyme obviously addresses the accidental sword-sheathing issue...

If only the characters were really that self-aware. :lol:

But credit where it's due, the Pellar did bother to get involved in the fighting towards the end of the quest which was quite helpful when Geralt insisted on targeting the one baddie that was off-screen. So once again our hero gazed directly at the camera and hopped backwards towards the baddie I wanted to attack. But with the Pellar's assistance all baddies were killed and I'm off sailing again to the swamps.

Perhaps you need to "cheat the parchment" to level up quicker. :)
That game sounds surprisingly violent for something called Harvest Town. :dry: