May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

29 Aug 2020 07:27 #30798 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'm farting around in one of those pixelly little games where you grow crops and run errands for the villagers... It's in beta, and I do hope they'll get someone to help them with the English before proper release... I mean, what ARE they saying???

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Aug 2020 14:13 #30799 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
:blink:
I suddenly want to know who Steve Lope is. And how exactly can he be locked? :hmm:

I can't even work out what the mistakes are in order to correct them. :lol:

29 Aug 2020 15:47 #30801 by Charlotte
well, for one, his name is Steve Lopez but they keep forgetting the z. He's the village carpenter. :aha:

I *think* his neighbour locked him in somewhere with a bunch of worms or bugs when they were kids, and they now hate each other. The quest is to make peace between them, at any rate.

29 Aug 2020 15:57 #30802 by Valence
That helps a bit. :)
I'm wondering if "cheat the parchment" is some kind of idiomatic phrase/saying in their native language and they've just translated the individual words rather than the actual meaning.

I've just googled "cheat the parchment" and the first options I get are console commands for Ark to give yourself parchment! :lol:

29 Aug 2020 16:00 #30803 by Charlotte
no... the parchment refers to a quest item. though I have no idea why it's cheated :P
Or actually... they are referring to said neighbour cheating Steve out of said parchment. Perhaps as payment for getting out of wherever he was locked up? I really have no idea how the motor comes into the picture, though!

29 Aug 2020 16:53 #30804 by Valence
:giveup:

Now that makes even less sense than I imagined it would. :lol:

Perhaps this is a new kind of difficulty level where you have to decypher the quest before trying to complete it. :)

29 Aug 2020 18:29 #30805 by Charlotte
Doubtful... earlier there was a quest that said you needed 5 pieces of glass. I had none, but the dialogue option was available for the character so I clicked it again. Evidently giving the 5 glass I didn't have and also being rewarded with 1 piece for myself for finishing the quest...

29 Aug 2020 23:05 #30807 by Valence
Well, you did say it's in Beta still. :dry:

I had a long Skyrim session wandering in and around Riften. Cleared out a mine full of nasty spiders, realised that I don't have the flawless sapphires that I need for someone (I wonder where I can get them ? :hmm:) and then ventured into a creepy area to find that Scottish man again.
"Och, nay, lassie. Yer cannae join the thieves guild just yit." :eyeroll:
I did see Vex for the first time but she wouldn't help me until I help the Scottish man. And I bumped into the much-mentioned Maven outside. She's a bit intimidating so I didn't say much to her. :ohmy:
Just a quick hello and goodbye. :lol:

30 Aug 2020 12:57 #30811 by Charlotte

30 Aug 2020 13:40 #30812 by Valence
:lol:
I think the Skyrim man needs more vegetable soup in there.

That's kinda what the game Death Stranding is like. I obviously can't play it but some of those gameplay videos are quite funny with the character stumbling around while carrying loads of boxes on his back. :)

And just to prove that it's a constant problem I've had to make some unwanted encumbering choices in Oblivion where I've had to decide between my two handed sword, a nice one handed blade and a magicky goblin staff. :(
Only hours ago I was over at the Nexus site looking at saddlebag mods to try and help me out.