April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

01 Sep 2020 11:50 #30848 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

That game sounds surprisingly violent for something called Harvest Town. :dry:

Depends what is being harvested :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Sep 2020 12:01 - 01 Sep 2020 12:02 #30850 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
There are monsters in the cave.... and in a few other areas. But you also need to tend your crops, cows and fishing traps...

EDIT after readong banj's post: Organs? :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Sep 2020 01:27 - 02 Sep 2020 01:33 #30865 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I built a little extension to my Sandy Shack so that my flying friend can stay out of the way and launch easily into the air. :)

Would be nice if he landed directly on it but he doesn't seem to like ceilings too much. But with the ramp there I can just walk him up after landing on the beach.
I also went back to Craggs Island to kill those flying ants. Annoyingly I discovered that they were actually on their way over to my hut as I sailed across the water! :ohmy:
So I ended up having a little battle right there on my raft and as I swung my axe around in a panicky fashion I may have accidently attacked that stylish thatch square in the floor. :lol:
And rather than repair it I used the opportunity to replace it with a wooden foundation so the raft looks a little more orthodox now.

Anyway, with the ants gone, I got back on my winged beastie and flew safely up to the top of the island to those ruins I'd spotted. :thumbup:
Attachments:

02 Sep 2020 09:21 #30867 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
...and? Was there anything interesting to be found in the ruins!?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Sep 2020 11:51 - 02 Sep 2020 11:55 #30868 by Valence
Just the usual explorer notes but it was one of the journal ones that tell a bit of story rather than the dino facts. I'll have to check it out next time cos I didn't have time to read it; my GFN clock was counting down quickly and I needed to get my Big Bird home before his stamina completely disappeared.
Every time he levels up I go for stamina. :)
I've read that you can give them a temporary boost by forcefeeding them stimberries but I've yet to try that. So far I'm just giving him occasional quick rests and trying not to fly too much over large expanses of water.

After that I had a go on Arkham Asylum. I hadn't played that for a while after getting stuck on a difficult part where you had to take on seven armed men. With ALL of them having guns it was quite tricky taking them out individually without the others seeing but I managed to do it on the fourth attempt and it took a long time with lots of sneaky waiting and hiding. I almost botched it up after popping my big-eared bat-head out of an air vent at the wrong time but I scrambled to safety.
I'm now at a bit where I have to battle about 20 baddies plus one of those Titan bosses that you have to defeat using those fiddly stun+dodge roll moves that test my keyboard skills. :eyeroll:

I don't think I'm too far from the end of that game and I will be happy when I complete it so that I can move on to Arkham City. It seems that game is apparently a little more open in its world/environment than the first one and I do get a bit frustrated by the narrowness of the maps.

03 Sep 2020 11:47 #30896 by Valence
Found a friendly dog in Witcher 3 last night. :)
I was hoping he was gonna be my companion for a while as I made the long walk back to The Pellar but I had to follow him instead and it was just a one quest thing before he disappeared again. :(

While trawling through my quest list to work out what to do next I noticed that I still had a couple of unfinished treasure hunts from the previous location of White Orchard so I did a bit of fast travelling back there to complete them. I rather like the wide open landscapes there, much nicer to look at than the claustrophobic trees in Velen so I spent some time just wandering around in a Skyrim way. :)
(Unfortunately I've now just read that fast travelling back there can mess up your secondary quests and if that's the case then I guess I'll be reloading a previous save. :eyeroll:)

Anyway, I think the next thing to do is probably to go and find Triss. :stare:

03 Sep 2020 11:56 #30897 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

(Unfortunately I've now just read that fast travelling back there can mess up your secondary quests and if that's the case then I guess I'll be reloading a previous save. :eyeroll:)

I did the same thing in my first play through and didn't notice any problems.

03 Sep 2020 20:16 - 04 Sep 2020 00:32 #30901 by Valence
I think The Division might be free to get for the next few days from one of those glitchy Ubisoft login sites . I remember liking the look of that game at the time but I'm not sure if/how it works as a single player.
I may attempt to get it later anyway when I'm on my PC.

04 Sep 2020 02:39 #30904 by Valence
Got it and playing it. :)

It does seem to work OK as a single player. So far. :dry:
You do encounter other players at the safe house manically running around as they interact with the NPCs but outside it's just been me and the baddies.

Attachments:

04 Sep 2020 20:32 #30915 by Valence
I had a play on Sleeping Dogs expecting another big Kung Fu fight but instead I ended up in a nightclub singing Karaoke! :blink:
Thankfully I didn't have to ACTUALLY sing, it was just one of those rhythm-clicky music mini games and I awkwardly had to hit shift-W, shift -S in time to an old song by The Clash.

But it was back to fighting after that. :cheer:
I have got to a difficult bit now though. So far the fights have been challenging enough that it takes me a few attempts to win, but this one has those annoying types of baddie that know how to block. :dry: