May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

24 Aug 2020 13:59 #30750 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
It's a reefback! Obviously. It has a reef on it's back. :confident:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Aug 2020 19:00 #30754 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I'm being a sneaky, secret spy in Oblivion. :paranoid:
So sneaky that I've taken off my clompy Iron Armour boots in favour of some silent sneaky ones.

I first encountered my target, who I shall only refer to as The Man, in his own shop, where I investigated him with subtle questions disguised as innocent small talk. He then left his shop and I pursued at a safe distance, cleverly remaining anonymous and unseen. I tracked him to an inn where I settled down in a chair to observe and listen. Here I am in the foreground while he converses with someone at the back...

Look how sneaky I am. Hood up. Unseen. Incognito. A ghost. It's like I'm not really there. Just a fly on the wall. Listening intently as The Man shouts across at me, "Oh, hello again!"
:facepalm:
Attachments:

24 Aug 2020 19:24 - 24 Aug 2020 20:14 #30756 by Charlotte
:D supersneak!
He's a super sneak, super sneak,
He's super sneaky, super sneak, super sneak.

Meanwhile I have been out exploring in my sub, hoping that stoopid reefback would be gone when I came home. No such luck. So I ended up deleting my moonpool to get it lose (I had already deleted the scanner room). But was does the stoopid thing do? I swims closers till and gets wedged between some rocks. And I cannot desconstruct rocks. IT'S IN MY WAY. Stoopid thing. I don't want to have to dismantle and move the entire bloody base because of it! :cry:

EDIT: I googled the issue and it turns out the solution isn't to remove base pieces but to ADD them. Try to build something where the reefback is and it's pushed away. I'll have to remember that. And also figure out a way to keep it from coming BACK. Stoopid plankton eater.

EDIT2:
And, somewhere along the way my jellyray eggs disappeared from the alien containment :? Not sure yet if the hatched ones also disappeared from outside...

Better now Banj? (Though now I hear the darn thing close to the base again)
Also, I ended up with boring views from many rooms so I planted a little garden outside :)

EDIT3:
The reefback now gets repeatedly stuck in the Safe Shallows on the other side of my base.
Two of my three jellyrays and one of my cuddlefish seem to have disappeared.
And I found a dancing peeper in my moonpool. :huh:
I also hatched a couple of mesmers but they attacked my cuddlefish so I had to kill them...

Attachments:

24 Aug 2020 21:43 #30757 by Valence
Can't you kill the reefback thingie? I'm sure it would provide lots of hide. :hmm: oh wait- that's Ark, isn't it? Wrong game. :lol:

I continued my spying with variable success. I found The Man's contact, who I shall refer to as, The Other Man. :stare:
And I then followed The Other Man to see where he went. Got a bit too close at one point. He went through a door and I obviously followed a little too quickly cos on the other side he was right there in my face looking at me and said, "Heeey!"
But he didn't say it like The Fonz (that would have been funny though!) No, he said it in a rather irritated way so I backed off in a casual, I'm-not-a-spy manner.
I eventually tracked him to his house and I now have to break in... but only when he's not there. And it seems like he doesn't want to go out now. I've waited around for 4 (in-game) hours and he's still staying in as if there's a lockdown. :dry:

24 Aug 2020 21:52 #30758 by Charlotte
Apparently not without using console commands... I've attacked it with my Thermal Blade multiple times in the hopes that it would at least make it try to move away, but.... it has no effect. And I've rammed it with both my Seamoth and my (other, larger) sub. Still no effect. I've seen mentioned that their tentacles wriggle when they're hurt, so obviously it must be possible. But it probably takes more than a push from the sub... Anyway, it can go get stuck permanently on the shallows if it wants to. At least then I'll know where it is, and it won't come back to get stuck in my base again...

25 Aug 2020 02:07 #30760 by Valence
Was just chipping away at a rubbish rock to get a paltry bit of metal and a massive Sarco appears from nowhere! Well, not really "nowhere" it obviously came from the water but I thought it was much shallower there and didn't see anything.

My crossbow did the dying deed but, to be honest, my Parasaur did most of the killing and his poor health was down under 20% of its normal value so I think I'd better be more careful with him in future.
On the plus side the Sarco's body had a Pike stuck in it. :woohoo:

That saved me a bit of metal. :)

And with that action behind us, my Parasaur levelled up, my Pteranodon levelled up twice, even though it was only sat on the beach doing nothing, and I... didn't level up at all. :eyeroll:

Come on! Level up so I can get that saddle! :shakefist:
I tried to find another note/journal because I know they speed up the levelling process for a while and I'm sure there's one more page around here that I haven't picked up but despite my explorations I just couldn't find it. :shrug:
So my flying days are still a long way ahead of me. :(
Attachments:

25 Aug 2020 08:01 #30761 by Charlotte
I wonder where the pike came from :hmm: Maybe you're not as alone as you think on that island! :evil:

25 Aug 2020 10:37 #30765 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It's probably from one of the film crew that is following him around. Those pictures don't come from nowhere you know.

25 Aug 2020 11:00 #30769 by Charlotte
:D oh dear, he's a regular influencer isn't he! To think I never realised before!

25 Aug 2020 13:11 #30770 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming