May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN April 2015 Challenge - Me, Myself, and I

17 Apr 2015 18:51 #10205 by microscopi
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2015 20:37 #10206 by Susie1981
Hi everyone

Valance - thank you, and thank you for the advice earlier on - it really helped.

Cherry - your drop ghosties are SWEEET!

Micro - looking good so far, thought you would make a good Jedi.

So a few more snakes blocked out to try out some different patterns and things - loads more to do.
Attachments:

17 Apr 2015 21:45 #10207 by SchizophreniaWolf
I'm a super-villain with a bionic wolf in a futuristic disaster movie, I gained control over an army of drones by 'consuming' a security software of the israeli army. I build the dog when I was 6 years old, because I wanted it to take me away from civilization from time to time... I relized you can't escape civilization, so I planed to destroy it... :lol: crazy crazy

stil working on the design of the drone in the back... now it's a bit of a mess :)

Attachments:

17 Apr 2015 22:57 #10208 by Valence
Schizo: I just knew you'd have to be an evil villain! :woohoo:
The bad guys always get the best lines and the coolest toys and I'm looking forward to seeing the drones.

Micro: Much better expression on that one. You seem to have more control over the face and pose now.

Susie: It's coming along fine. All those snakes must be hard work but it's paying off. Keep at it!

18 Apr 2015 00:36 #10210 by hobbyhorse
valence- I'm glad the face looks good , after staring at it for so long it's hard to tell if it's even close. Glad you like the horse model took about 4 months to make and the hardest part was the neck. Ended up finding ball and socket armature used in doll making. It has come in handy on several occasions.

micro-looking good. I can see why the other face won't work...you would have looked like you were surprised at the light saber in your hand. Though that might work if you thought it was a toy and it really turned on :woohoo:

susie- Wow these snakes are looking fantastic....I don't envy doing all those scales in perspective but they are really looking good.

schizo- order out of chaos. Can't wait to see where it's going. :)

Worked on a couple 'kitty hawks'

Attachments:

19 Apr 2015 23:41 #10238 by Susie1981
Hobby, I really like the personality you have got in your Kitty Hawks, I want one!

Hoping I can get some personality into my snakes. I have been trying to refine a few today.

Attachments:

20 Apr 2015 04:33 - 20 Apr 2015 05:04 #10239 by microscopi
Working on mine a bit more too, still bit messy as always :dry:

Attachments:

20 Apr 2015 13:36 #10243 by CherryGraphics
So good to see you all like the little dudes :)

micro: that's a really good progress! But hey - where's the surprised expression? I really liked it... get it back! ^^ No. I think the more serious expression works better for the picture.

susie: I really like all the colors and pattern from all the snakes. :)

hobby: great update! I really like your shading style. :) Just one thought: maybe it would be good to give all a bit more sharpness... it's a bit blurry overall... :)

schizo. wow - really awesome so far! ^^ I love the shiny effects on the background - they gave the picture such a feeling of power!

so this might be the last update from me. have to spend some time on painting some gusts of wind but then .... ^^

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

21 Apr 2015 07:16 #10250 by Charlotte
Looking great Cherry, although I Think you should consider that unlike your reference photo we don't see your shoulders or the fall of your clothes in your portrait, and that means your neck is currently looking very long and alien-like. Basically you might want to look at how the hair frames the neck and if there's something you can do to not make it look so long (comparing to your photo we shouldn't really see much neck at all, so maybe just adding a necklace at the top to denote where it really is, would help?)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Apr 2015 08:08 #10254 by CherryGraphics
Hahahahaha thanks Charlotte! :) This is one thing I really have to think about - really don't want to look like an alien. :D I already thought about a necklace - thanks for the tip :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance