April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN April 2015 Challenge - Me, Myself, and I

08 Apr 2015 19:23 #10034 by Linasue
Cherry your Picture is so Fantastic. I like it so much. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2015 19:25 - 08 Apr 2015 19:32 #10035 by Linasue
So and now my picture for the challenge.... :)

Attachments:

08 Apr 2015 20:27 - 08 Apr 2015 21:44 #10036 by Valence
Cherry: I'm glad there's a squirrel on your head. Don't scare it off, it looks lovely. The shading on its fur is really subtle yet three dimensional and its eyes are really well rendered. And I can see the hard work you put in those peacock feathers.

Linasue: The expression on the snail is just fantastic. We all know exactly how he feels and the fact that you seem to be avoiding its gaze to look at the other creatures makes it look even better.

08 Apr 2015 20:57 #10038 by jessie
Basic idea and my awesome referance photos.

Cherry: Love how you did the peacock feathers. Great job.

Linasue: Love the snail!

All of you are so perdy! Yes, even you Micro. ;)
Attachments:

09 Apr 2015 00:16 #10039 by microscopi
Looking so great Cherry, the colors are so vibrant, like the water addition :woohoo:

Linasue nice work so far, you really got the sketch down looks great, your idea looks so interesting so far! :lol:

Jessie the vector work is really cool so far, it ls looking great! :cheer:

I wasn't really into mine so decided to go with a more satirical pose.

Attachments:

09 Apr 2015 01:18 - 09 Apr 2015 01:23 #10040 by LRaphaelC
So first entry to a contest, here goes :P

When you have a fair number a big swords lying around the place you might as well pose with one, thought I'd go for a kind of ranger Lord of the Rings theme.

Attachments:

09 Apr 2015 05:19 #10041 by CherryGraphics
Wow something was going on here while I slept :D
Thank you all! :) And best regards from the little squirell. It's too early in the morning for it so it covered up itself with my hair and sleeps again^^

Linasue: nice start and interesting idea! Looking forward to seeing your process :)

Raphael: Yeah a knight has arrived! :D Great start and a lovely welcome :)

jessie: good to see you again here :) Always really interesting how a vector artist begins his work :)

micro: hahahahahahaha what a great photo! xD Love the funny face so much :D But what is your new idea? It doesn't look like a steampunk pirate anymore :whistle:

micro: hahahahahahaha what a great photo! xD Love the funny face so much :D But what is your new idea? It doesn't look like a steampunk pirate anymore :whistle:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

09 Apr 2015 06:59 #10043 by SchizophreniaWolf
Fun to see all your faces, hihi.

Well I didn't start painting yet, but I already dug up some pictures of myself :ohmy: , some are edited, but I didn't do that this month. So I'm still thinking about where I want to go with this. But I guess you already can feel that it's going to be dark. :lol:

Attachments:

09 Apr 2015 12:10 - 09 Apr 2015 12:12 #10044 by aonodori
So.... I sometimes participated in the IFX challenges and I've actually participated in many of the challenges on the new CGartnexus forum though I never posted anything (because I was always motivated to start and never to finish). So I thought this time, if I actually post something I may be more inspired to produce a finished illustration.

So here's my starter, I always thought it would be cool to be an elf or a druid... But what would I do? I figured i'd probably be an artist! That's the concentration tongue lol
Attachments:

09 Apr 2015 12:44 #10045 by hobbyhorse
These are all looking to be fun pieces. Have been working on mine, but just on paper, hope to begin scanning them in and start on them in the next few days.
Been dealing with a sick cat...know what he has now (pancreatitis) so beginning treatment...which he doesn't like...when do pets ever like going to the vet.