May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN April 2015 Challenge - Me, Myself, and I

16 Apr 2015 05:41 #10138 by CherryGraphics
Hip hip hurray! I'm back to life again. :woohoo: Was very ill last days, just drank tea and tea and another pot of tea ... but now I think I can keep moving on to finish my picture the next days...

there are wonderful paintings here :) it's great to see so many of you joining this challenge :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Apr 2015 06:10 #10139 by SchizophreniaWolf
jessie: ow i think I got confused, I was commenting on you last image but that isn't one you did for this challenge, boy o boy, I very distracted lately; should sleep more. But the image you doing now is nice too! And its going to look great, wherever it goes. The ring finger's shape needs some correction, that's all I can say.

16 Apr 2015 13:00 #10149 by jessie
Oooohhhh. That post was an example for Valence. Showing the line work and the finished piece. I get why there was confusion.

16 Apr 2015 13:23 #10151 by CherryGraphics
Can't resist to introduce to you my ... ehm ... little ... drop ... ghosts ... whatever. :lol:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

16 Apr 2015 14:08 #10156 by jessie
Very cute cherry!

16 Apr 2015 14:36 #10159 by kazky
oh they are so cute Cherry!

16 Apr 2015 15:30 - 16 Apr 2015 15:31 #10163 by hobbyhorse
Cherry like the little hidden ghosties and glad you're feeling better. It's coming along nicely..hands read pretty good as well.

Schizo- like the loose line work

jessie-I like the aquatic theme...can play with lighting from glowing sea creatures..fun :lol:

Spent several hours working on the face and some coloring of lines. Had to make a copy of all layers to work directly on because lines and other layers were getting in the way. But I think it looks like me...maybe not let me know if I look more like the animals :P
Attachments:

16 Apr 2015 15:56 #10165 by kazky
Hooby that's looking gorgeous, beautiful atmosphere to it.

16 Apr 2015 18:25 #10173 by Valence
Susie: The detailed colour shading in those snakes is really great, you can see the solidity and shape of each scale. If you can carry that on throughout the picture it will be very impressive. The skin colour looks very saturated at the moment, especially the yellow areas but I think this is exacerbated by the pale neutral background. When the colours are filled in all around the picture I think it'll balance just fine and then putting in the dark and lights of the eyes will really nail it.

Jessie: Wow, that colour really changes the mood of the picture in ways I didn't expect. Perhaps some complementary colours in the jellyfish will stop in going too melancholically blue. (Is that a real word? Autocomplete isn't complaining but it looks wrong!) But great style as always.

Schizo: That high lighting angle makes the image really dramatic and moody and it really fits your style. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned.

Cherry: There's going to be so much detail in yours that I won't be able to stop looking at it! I like how all the little drops are like an army marching in line.

Hobbyhorse: That's a really great face. Lighting, form, texture, expression and likeness are all spot on. Great work. And you made that horse model???? Wow. My hat of admiration is hereby doffed for your skill.

17 Apr 2015 15:26 - 17 Apr 2015 16:12 #10183 by microscopi
Looking awesome Hobby, really becoming more dynamic and the lighting is great! :woohoo:

Cherry really loving the addition of the water dudes, you have all kinds of cool creatures going on in yours, loioking great ! :P

Schizo awesome start, I think it's great to capture images of moods even your own to get a handle on different expressions, but like the flow of the image how it turned it, so keep going, you better finish ! :whistle:

Thanks Suzie, your's is coming along great so far, look forward to seeing more color and lighting.

Jessie, I like the expression and color tone of yours so far, I can sense how much detail and color you can put into it already

Update on mine, yes I changed it again, the face was too expressive, I wanted to go for a pissed off beat up revenge sort of look, but right now it's the reluctant jedi hero look. I am going to go with this one, I like it the most, 3rd time the charm so they say. No reference photo this time, unless I have to.

Attachments: