May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN April 2015 Challenge - Me, Myself, and I

24 Apr 2015 07:20 #10323 by CherryGraphics
Think I've got it finally. Sometimes you have to take a bit of distance to see clear where the fault is.
:D

Still working on a few shadows and lights ;)

ed: I really like your idea :) As Val said, the red is a bit too much at the moment but i'm sure you'll give it more depth while placing shadows and lights :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2015 08:40 #10327 by Charlotte
I think it looks much better now Cherry, even if I agree the whole sundown idea was a nice one. Maybe you can use it in another piccie? :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Apr 2015 09:04 #10328 by CherryGraphics
Thanks Charlotte :blush: :lol:

I definitely will! - And if I won't you'll have to remind me pls :lol:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

24 Apr 2015 21:56 #10359 by edtuckerartist

Ed: Nice colours in the landscape. The receding aerial perspective works well. The red in the hat seems a little overpowering but that's probably just because it's a flat colour at the moment. Adding the light and shade may tone it down nicely.

Totally just a base colour at the moment so yeah going to tone it down some - if I get the time, the deadline is fast approaching :O

25 Apr 2015 01:06 #10361 by microscopi
Looking great guys, awesome updates, good to see yours coming along Ed, dig the perspective a lot, keep it going.

Haven't worked on mine much, I am getting sick of looking at myself :X

25 Apr 2015 01:56 #10363 by hobbyhorse
Well, worked on some more animals.
Susie- Glad you like the kitty hawks ...Your welcome to have one, if you can catch them. :)

Thanks cherry and valence I didn't even check the pixel size and I left it at 72 ppi because I don't intend to print this one. Maybe I will resize it later...or a copy of it and see what works and what doesn't. I 'save for web' at 500 or so, for this forum, since that is what is suggested in the rules, but the image is bigger on my system.

Thank you as well Charlotte

Ed- This is coming along, hope you can finish it, like the idea.

jessie- I see it as very vibrant on my monitor and I like the lighting of the hand as well.

Just have the pants, boots and stirrup to work on and then the tidying up to do.
Attachments:

25 Apr 2015 11:03 #10368 by hobbyhorse
cherry- WOW this is looking fantastic, and the neck is reading much, much better. Love all the little things going on in the image....and it looks like your picture too. :)

25 Apr 2015 21:19 - 25 Apr 2015 21:20 #10375 by Domtopia
Some absolutely beautiful ideas going on here guys!

Cherry: I love this! You have a great face!!!
Hobby: This is very strong! Loads of different elements and areas of interest. Great stuff!
Jessie: Great colour choices!! Fantastic a graphic style. Very much liking this!
Ed: Again, love your face!!
Got no criticisms. Just think you guys are working out out fine by yourselves!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

26 Apr 2015 21:49 #10379 by SchizophreniaWolf
update!

I changed the drones, it's kind of funny how...

Attachments:

26 Apr 2015 23:38 #10380 by Susie1981
Hey all,

Great to see everyone's work progressing - its going to be a tough one!
Not had a lot of time this week, my day job tends to take over at the end of the month unfortunately. Got a few hours on it this afternoon though.

Attachments: