May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN April 2015 Challenge - Me, Myself, and I

14 Apr 2015 10:28 #10105 by Charlotte
Looking great Hobby, the interaction between the animals is lovely!

Good to see a good few of you joining in, on this one :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Apr 2015 17:04 #10112 by hobbyhorse
Thanks Charlotte.
Worked on getting the flats in. Blanket color is flexible, so kind of a place holder until I decide I like it or some other color would work better.
Attachments:

14 Apr 2015 18:25 #10113 by Valence
Hobbyhorse: Wow, that's a really complex composition and you've developed it really quickly into something that's easy to read and understand. I agree with Charlotte the animal interaction is really convincing and all the cat poses are very recognisable and familiar to anyone who has ever had a cat as a pet.
And I love all your little models! I only have one of those boring faceless mannikins that fall over when you try to pose them. :P

14 Apr 2015 21:59 #10115 by microscopi
Looking great hobby ! Nice work flow, and it is definitely alive with energy, the poses of all the animals is very lively and realistic, but my fav is the cat with wings, I don't think you can get a much cooler cat then that ! Looking great keep going :woohoo:

Great design so far Susie, really digging the Me"-dusa haha, look forward to the progress, the eyes are looking like a nice touch, could definitely be a focal point!

I've changed my composition again, wasn't feeling that one either Valence! :ohmy: I think I have something I like now though, I'm just going to go full jedi. I mean the new Star Wars Movie is coming out soon, and they wouldn't let me be in it, so this will be the next best thing ! :woohoo:

14 Apr 2015 22:45 #10117 by Susie1981
Hobby - just wow! I adore the cats and the whole composition. Looks Great.

Thanks Micro - looking forward to seeing the full Jedi! (ooh that sounds rude! :blush: )

So I have had a night in and have been playing with snakes! (sigh! again with the :blush: ).
I am also trying to balance my colours better. See what you think.

Attachments:

14 Apr 2015 23:20 #10118 by aonodori
Wow Hobbyhorse! I love the noses touching, it's adorable! I'm not a cat person generally but I do love the curiosity that animals express.

Everyone's entries look very inspiring so far :)

14 Apr 2015 23:35 #10119 by hobbyhorse
Susie- those snakes are looking good...I was wondering if you were going to go with something other than green, as they are typically depicted. Love the use of the warmer colored snakes a lot.
LOL on the puns...I have a couple of friends that I really have to be careful when choosing my words because their minds go right to the gutter no matter how innocent the comment :blush:

micro- All the cats have wings, hope to make them read better. Go for the Jedi 'may the force be with you'

valence-Thank you, I always seem to go for the complex idea...only hope that doesn't cause me trouble in trying to complete it in time. Ha, I have one of those faceless mannikins as well but found this one at a local art store by Sideshow. There were grey ones and female ones but at $45.00 a piece, one was all I could afford. Basically like those fully articulated action heros but with out clothes. The horse is a fully articulated model that I created because I didn't like what was out there. And the cats....I channeled James Gurney :)

14 Apr 2015 23:46 #10120 by hobbyhorse
Forgot to post latest. Worked all day on shadows and clean up

Thanks aonodori..cats are curious creatures and horses also like to check things out.
Attachments:

15 Apr 2015 22:22 #10135 by SchizophreniaWolf
You are right Cherry, so I started painting. :whistle:

So Cherry: Nice paint, Bubbles. I'm a fan of that little hamster on your head. He looks like I he knows the secrets of existance or something like that. I hope you going to do something with that black in the background, fill it up, or give it some color. And your chin is pointing a little bit to the left. Anyway, lovely, vibrant colors! :blink:

aonodori: very nice start, I realy like the line art in you first images, and yes your face is ideal for a elf, pale and sophisticated. ;)

microscopi: you portrait is hilarious, i love it.

jessie: Hihi yes its long, but you can call me "Schizo" or "Wolfie" ;) . Yep I like the one in the upper right corner too, that day I was crying, I don't remember why, but I was curious how my face was doing, so I took a picture. I made it red in photoshop. For me it's a realy intense picture, I think I was tired of all the crap you have to go through, and stuff like that.
Your Image is ... wonderful, realy clean and professional, nice one. The only thing I can say is maybe add some more phantasy or science fiction, because now it just a (again very nice) portrait.

So this is my first wip, I'll explain later where I want to take this.

Attachments:

16 Apr 2015 03:20 #10137 by jessie
Susie: Love your coloring style. The snakes are looking awesome!

Hobbyhorse: Love the composition in this piece. I'm still struggling with that.

Shizo it is then! Everyone goes through a lot of crap sometimes. It's ok to cry and let it out. I'm struggling with mine. Don't know rather to go sci-fi or aquatic fantasy......hence the not so fantasy or sci-fi issue. But never the less here is what I've been playing with tonight.
Attachments: