May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN April 2015 Challenge - Me, Myself, and I

09 Apr 2015 13:16 #10047 by CherryGraphics
Lovely start aonodori! :lol: Hopefully you'll motivate yourself enough to go on :)
But one thing: I counted them 3 or 4 times - is it your true intention that one of your hands has 6 fingers? ,^^

Hey Schizo - Don't just show us how you look like in real - hurry up! :lol:

hobbyhorse: poor cat :/ But I wait for your start :)

One day - one plant. Just ... too much left. :huh:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Apr 2015 15:41 #10051 by edtuckerartist
Some awesome starts here keep up the good work
Oh and @hobbyhorse Some pets really don't like vets :

09 Apr 2015 17:14 - 09 Apr 2015 17:19 #10052 by kazky
Wow so many new entries! This is fantastic

And you are all gorgeous!

And hi Ed, welcome back, love that video :D They are such clowns

09 Apr 2015 22:32 - 09 Apr 2015 22:33 #10053 by microscopi
That's a great idea Raphael, I think it's a good choice from your ref shot, looking pretty good so far! :woohoo:

Schizo, I really like the red and black ref shot, the dimensions and color choice are cool, i'm anticipating a goth theme for yours :?

Aonodori, this really looks cool already ! :woohoo: I really like the pose of your ref shot.

Ed enjoyed your vid was too funny. :lol: I trained a couple parrots when I worked in pet store through highschool, the same identical one and a Blue Front Amazon. The Amazon wasn't trained though, we named him Brewster, he was in a cage for the first few months, I coaxed him out with food then taught him to say his name and ask for things, he eventually was so tame he would lay down in my hands and let me rub his belly, was my best buddy but I couldn't afford him, was $2400 at the time

09 Apr 2015 23:06 #10056 by aonodori
Woopsie, thanks Cherry I didn't even notice that :silly: I must have been tired, or maybe 6 fingers will make a masterpiece

10 Apr 2015 01:20 - 10 Apr 2015 02:20 #10057 by microscopi
Update on mine, Cherry you'res is coming along nicely :woohoo: I like the idea of being a bunch of different characters in one, i'm indecisive which character is the most awesome, but it's pretty much sci fi themed right now B)

Attachments:

10 Apr 2015 06:02 #10059 by CherryGraphics
Thanks micro :blush: :lol:

Yours is coming along nicely too :) Someone between Star Wars and Star Trek I guess? ^^
Will you paint what caused this facial expression? :lol:

Hahaha no prob Aonodori :silly:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

10 Apr 2015 10:50 - 10 Apr 2015 10:53 #10061 by aonodori
Fixed the fingers... lol

Still working on tone and lighting and all that fantasy stuff to be included but thought I better post a WIP
Attachments:

10 Apr 2015 22:57 #10064 by Valence
Cherry: Just when I think your picture is fantastic you go and improve it further! You've really put a lot of thought and effort into this. Keep going!

LRaphaelC: Great initial drawing and slightly scary reference. I wonder what your neighbours think when you go out wielding a massive sword :) I'd be calling the police! :lol:

Micro: it's always good to change direction if you're not feeling it and I know you're never afraid to transform the composition. And this new one looks even more fun than the last. The Star Wars/Trek mashup is good, I think you just need to push the lighting a bit more to get that electrified glow around the character and lightsabre.

Jessie: It's just fascinating to watch these images develop. Are those initial line "objects" retained in your picture at the end or do you use them as a sketch/guide for other shapes and then delete them afterwards?

Aonodori: That's lovely, and credit to eagle-eyed Cherry, I didn't spot the extra finger either! The framing pose is excellent and I love what you're doing with the tangled hair. And I'm always a great fan of the Tongue Of Concentration! Even though the skin tones are quite desaturated in the reference it'd be good to warm them up in the painting, especially for the hands. It's coming on very well though and it's great to see some new entries this month.

12 Apr 2015 20:14 #10088 by Susie1981
Hi Everyone

Sorry I have been away so long - no excuse - just not been drawing and working too much.
So think its high time I had another go.
Really like the work so far, it gonna be a tough one.
So here is mine - hope you like - it's "Me"-dusa lol (sorry couldn't resist)
:P

Attachments: