April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN April 2015 Challenge - Me, Myself, and I

06 Apr 2015 01:28 - 06 Apr 2015 01:49 #10011 by microscopi
Looking great Cherry :woohoo: I mean the pic not the photo haha, I am not so beautiful so decided to put a helmet on myself to help with the reference. I want to be a steampunk pilot real bad, hope this will make a cool self portrait.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Apr 2015 12:10 #10013 by SchizophreniaWolf
come on Micro, you're hot! the looks of an actor, at least in that picture, not joking.

06 Apr 2015 15:34 - 06 Apr 2015 15:34 #10020 by microscopi
lmao Schizo :lol: it's an old pic have more grey hairs now :angry: Just a bit of an update

Attachments:

07 Apr 2015 05:10 #10026 by CherryGraphics
Thank you all :woohoo: :lol:
Valence thanks for the tip - I always do the final lights at the end so I hope I can get the thumps pop out like you said :)

Yeah micro thats really nice! I love your idea so show me more WIPs :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

07 Apr 2015 11:20 - 07 Apr 2015 11:21 #10027 by Valence
Micro: That's coming along nicely, the proportions, the expression and colour all look good and the idea looks fun. I'd put a background in as soon as possible even if it's just a plain midtone. This will help you judge and control the values in the face which in turn will help you shape the form. Painting skin tones onto a white background always looks really harsh and makes it more difficult that it needs to be.

07 Apr 2015 13:40 #10028 by CherryGraphics
Next element: water.

WOW this was a lot of work finding out how I can paint water in my own way .... and it was so much fun :D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

07 Apr 2015 14:19 #10029 by jessie
Cherry: Looks great! Really love the fire in the hair! The water is coming along too.

Micro: Great start and don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm going to attempt to be apart of each monthly challenge. I think it would be great practice and help build a strong portfolio too. Not to mention that your all great company. :blush:

07 Apr 2015 18:23 #10031 by Charlotte
Did anyone ever tell you you have Squirrel on your head, Cherry? :blink:
I love the little globe of water, it came out great.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's self-imaginings. Incidentally there's a page or two about painting self portraits in the latest IFX issue (I just received it today).

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Apr 2015 05:09 #10032 by CherryGraphics
Wait... WHAT? A Squirrel? :ohmy: HELP! PLEASE! :ohmy: :ohmy: :lol:

Thanks Jessie :)

Facebook / Behance

08 Apr 2015 13:13 #10033 by CherryGraphics
First time I ever painted peacock feathers. I swear I die if we ever have a black/white challenge. xD

...hey - where are all the other ones? :)

Facebook / Behance
Attachments: