May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Dave's Digitals

02 Feb 2015 23:23 #8684 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Dave's Digitals
I also agree with doms comments, you have a real gift at depth in scenes, I would actually really like to see you tackle a proper pure landscape scene, you sir, have been challenged :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Feb 2015 03:06 #8692 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Dave's Digitals
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. :) Admittedly, I do tend to immerse myself in the image when I'm doing these. Something about watching the woods come to life while I work, and I usually loose track of time much easier with these as well. :lol:

I also agree with doms comments, you have a real gift at depth in scenes, I would actually really like to see you tackle a proper pure landscape scene, you sir, have been challenged :)

:D Thank you ma'am, and I gladly accept your challenge! ;) ... Tell ya what, if you like, give it some thought and give me a detailed or brief description of the scene. (Or even a quick rough sketch if ya want) I will try and see if I can do something on it. - Though I do have a couple pics I'm working on at the moment, I will see about getting something started as soon as I can. :)

Here's a quick sketch I started playing with for this months challenge. Was feeling under the weather this morning so took the day off. But did do some sketching though. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

03 Feb 2015 19:41 #8740 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Dave's Digitals
I like the idea of a collaboration! There is a thread to that end somewhere on this site. You should find it and get someone to start a piece for you to work on!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

03 Feb 2015 19:49 #8744 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
If kazky tells you what to do, then you should ger her to do something as well! ;)
(That said, I'm back to the stave church and vikings... and a fjord and mountains and sea and all that stuff *hint hint*)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Feb 2015 23:08 #8751 by Digital Dave

If kazky tells you what to do, then you should ger her to do something as well! ;)
(That said, I'm back to the stave church and vikings... and a fjord and mountains and sea and all that stuff *hint hint*)

:giggle: Shhhh... but that's what getting her to sketch something out is for. :aha:

And yep, the church, viking, etc. are still in the works. :thumbup:

Meanwhile, here's an update on the Elf Maiden pic. Still working on the BG.

Attachments:

05 Feb 2015 11:59 #8764 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Dave's Digitals
This is really impressive Mr. Dave! I really like it!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

05 Feb 2015 15:18 #8767 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Dom. :) Plan on putting some more time in on it over the next couple days.

With another pup taking ill on us, I won't be going back to work until Monday at the earliest since I have to be here to oversee them. Had to rush the male (Kito) to the Animal Hospital Tuesday night after he went lame on us. They are still not sure what's wrong or what caused it, but his blood platelets are very low and they believe it may be neurological in nature at this point. Though he's able to walk some, his balance still isn't very good and needs assistance in getting around. Some test results are still out and he has two followups already schedule for Friday and next Wednesday. We're hoping they can find out what the issue is, and that it's nothing bad? :(

05 Feb 2015 17:29 #8774 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
aw, your poor puppies!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Feb 2015 19:17 #8778 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Dave's Digitals
Oh Dave that's awful :( hope it's nothing bad & they can get it sorted quickly

06 Feb 2015 03:43 #8786 by Digital Dave
Thank you both. We're hoping it's nothing too serious as well. ... They were saying since he's so young, (will be 3 yrs. old on March 1st) that they didn't believe it was cancer, but couldn't count it out of course. But said the symptoms indicate it could be one of a multitude of things. They are leaning more toward a possible blood clot at this time, but still have not counted out other things. The last result for any tick related diseases will be in tomorrow, which is for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. He was already cleared of all the other, more common tick diseases while in the hospital. They said with him throwing up as much as he did, as well as salivating so badly, that they were worried he had somehow got toxic poisoning, but the reports didn't show anything for this. - There are a few other diseases he could have that would cause him to have low blood platelets counts, and I'm just hoping it's something we can remedy with medication, and not some hidden medical issue he may have. ... His follow up tomorrow will show if his platelet levels have gone back up any. I've been keeping his movements to a minimum, and he's been pretty much sleeping most of the time. But he's doing much better today. Still a little wobbly when walking, but getting better. :)

Thanks again