April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Dave's Digitals

19 Dec 2014 01:24 #7769 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Dave's Digitals
Yes ma'am, they sometimes do indeed. :)

Well, my mother is now out of the hospital and in rehab, so that's helpful. She's now only 20 minutes away, and not in DC anymore, where it was like 90 minutes w/ horrific traffic. She has 3 months of rehab before she can come back home. ... And it took almost a week, but Shelby can finally walk some, so my wife can at least manage her while I'm back at work.

But, I've been popping Advil for the last 4 or 5 days now. - Along with my son, we've had to carry her in and out of the house multiple times for 5 days, and trying to help her walk outside. Then having to install new carpet. we're still both feeling it. When she did try to walk, it was like having her on skates with the hardwood floors, so carpet was needed. And we did all this on Saturday, since I went back to work Monday. ... Sad that going back to work actually gives me a break! :D :whistle:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2014 07:47 #7774 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
Sounds like good timing, them both being better for christmas :) Even if there's quite a while yet before things feel back to normal it sounds as if it'll be easier than it has been lately!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Dec 2014 12:46 #7789 by Digital Dave
Yep, at least it feels like it's getting there. :)

23 Jan 2015 01:25 #8310 by Digital Dave
Well, it's not much, but I finally made myself sit down tonight and at least doodle some. (90 minutes or so) I actually wanted to pull out the Felines pic & fool with it some, but to be honest, it takes me a little time to get back into it when I haven't done anything in a while. So thought to try and just do some doodles until it feels right again. ... Also hard to come up with ideas,

Attachments:

23 Jan 2015 13:37 #8322 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Dave's Digitals
I love seeing sketches like these Mr. Dave. It is a process and processes tell us more about a piece than the finished article ever could!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

23 Jan 2015 13:49 - 23 Jan 2015 13:50 #8325 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Dom. - It's just aggravating when you can't think of anything, or get anything to come out. I actually sat in front of the computer screen the night before last, and two hours later, had not done anything and still had a blank screen. ... but it is nice when the marks suddenly become something, and it just feels natural to you as it builds into an image. :)

23 Jan 2015 14:18 #8333 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Dave's Digitals
I absolutely know what you mean!

I think in times like that you just have to incubate and allow your mojo to come back in its own time.

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

23 Jan 2015 21:22 #8345 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Dave's Digitals
Excellent doodling! It's always good fun to scribble whatever comes into your mind and it's good to see you with pen in hand again. Don't put it down! Just let the doodles multiply.

24 Jan 2015 16:20 #8350 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Dave's Digitals
Great doodles! I agree with Valance. Let the doodles multiply. Just keep drawing and take things one step at a time! Good to see you back at it!

24 Jan 2015 21:44 - 24 Jan 2015 21:44 #8359 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Valence & Crankshaft. I'm actually hoping to set some time aside tonight if possible. If anything, just to make some marks on the screen. :)