April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Micro's wips

15 Mar 2015 20:51 #9610 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Micro's wips
It looks great Mic! I love the thumb!!

The leg position is loads better too. Good progress!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2015 04:18 - 16 Mar 2015 04:19 #9611 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Micro's wips
Thanks guys! :woohoo: I guess that means I can go ahead with better detail. Crank I noticed that too, tried repositioning his legs a few times but I think the problem is with the guy on the right shrinking more, so have to enlarge him more to compensate, didn't notice that about the feet but i'll try your suggestion, I guess it's all those studies paying off :lol:

16 Mar 2015 07:50 #9613 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic Micro's wips
hahahahahaha that's awesome micro! I love the thumps-up pose of the left man ;D

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

18 Mar 2015 22:56 #9677 by microscopi
Thanks Cherry finally finished it, actually I mean one :woohoo:

21 Mar 2015 01:48 #9735 by microscopi
I think this one is not going anywhere with the character, but i've been working on the background and I think i'm going to expand the canvas and just go with an environment. I might start over entirely, little undecided atm :? :dry: :huh:

Attachments:

21 Mar 2015 08:12 #9743 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Micro's wips
Maybe just let the character be a smaller part of the whole, more to show scale than to be a focal point?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Mar 2015 12:53 - 21 Mar 2015 12:54 #9749 by Domtopia
I agree with Charlotte. There is something amiss with the composition, but I still like the dominant character. Obeying the rule of thirds is always a safe bet. Maybe by extending the canvas up a little and to one of the sides some too? Or making the character a little smaller may help.

The background looks good atm. It all looks a bit sketchy as it stands, so I will save any other observations until it gets on a bit further. But, yeah it's looking good so far! Keep it up!

21 Mar 2015 22:20 #9763 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Micro's wips
I also agree that the composition is a bit off. My opinions for critique: I'd move the samurai slightly to one side (rule of thirds, like what Dom said) and lightening the tone of the water or grass (?) to better separate him and help him pop. Also having him carry a sword pointed towards another subject/villain in the distance would also help create flow and story.

21 Mar 2015 22:56 - 21 Mar 2015 23:06 #9768 by microscopi
Thanks for the feedback guys ! I tried to make a more dramatic scene using Charlotte's suggestion, shrank the main character then pushed him to the side as Crank suggested.

Dom I tried to follow the rule of 3rd's but i'm not sure I remember the complete idea there, anyway this is what I have now, going for more of an environment, want to work on detailing, it's messy but I went with more solid brush strokes, i'm not really into drawing sketches right now, but I think it's going in a good direction.

Attachments:

22 Mar 2015 13:14 #9772 by Domtopia
I think the new environment is really good Mic.

I also really like the samurai painting! If you don't want to go ahead with it, would you mind if I collaborated on it with you? I think it's got potential!