April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Micro's wips

02 Dec 2014 05:02 #7440 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Micro's wips
Thanks guys :cheer: , here's a different take with a ship.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Dec 2014 17:32 #7550 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Micro's wips
Sticking with the cloud theme I see.

If you have seen Interstellar, there is a great scene in that featuring clouds. Maybe you could try painting an object with clouds above them? I also think that being able to see either reflections and/or shadows from/on clouds looks great and adds depth.

Keep it up!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

07 Dec 2014 19:36 - 07 Dec 2014 20:00 #7555 by microscopi
Thanks Dom, i've seen interstellar great movie! The visuals are amazing, I remember that scene with the clouds..the ship wasn't working, I guess I just felt like painting a ship! lol

I really have been struggling with this cloud pic, but i think I finally found something that works, I really like the mountains a lot so decided to play off them more, Here's where I am now, slowly building a palace, but have to keep the lighting the same, so it's hard adding details, i'm just going to keep it simple and not too ambitious

Attachments:

12 Dec 2014 23:18 #7659 by microscopi
Hey guys, haven't been around for a bit just haven't had a lot of time to work on any art stuff, after the holidays will be better :cheer: Not really sure what character to put in the dragon pic, he needs to be epic and I am not doing a good job of painting epic characters recently. .

Just taking a break from it to do a bunch of thumbs too to get some more ideas

Attachments:

13 Dec 2014 00:42 #7661 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Micro's wips
The dragon environment looks full of life! I can imagine all kinds of things living among those vines and leaves. If you do put another character in then I think that some rays of light angling in through the trees to illuminate the foreground might add the epic sense that you want.

And there already a sense of space and depth about the other pic even without any detail.

13 Dec 2014 02:56 #7663 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Micro's wips
That new cloud pic looks great! Just an idea, since there's empty space on the right side, you could put some cable cars going down to the palace. That could create some strong flow to your focal and help frame/balance the composition. Here's a very rough edit to show what I mean:
Attachments:

14 Dec 2014 03:46 #7681 by microscopi
Thanks Valence, I was thinking of putting a bunch of animals in the background all banding together to take on the dragon :lol: I have been thinking of having a rambo bunny as their leader!

Crankshaft that looks great! Thanks for doing that, I didn't think of adding elements like that but looks really cool. It does definitely add another level of depth!

14 Dec 2014 23:55 #7687 by microscopi
Some color

Attachments:

29 Dec 2014 23:13 #7878 by microscopi
I really like the characters i've been doing for some of the challenges so I think i'm going to start more. I want to focus on characters for a bit, they're pretty fun to work on actually :woohoo: these are pretty rough wips, but I think they're good enough to start detailing, hopefully :unsure:

Attachments:

30 Dec 2014 14:41 #7893 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Micro's wips
I like 'um Mic. I think they are energetic and interesting. Looking forward to seeing where you will take them!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!