April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Micro's wips

24 Aug 2015 22:16 - 24 Aug 2015 22:20 #12114 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Micro's wips
Hobby thanks for that, appreciate you explaining further, I definitely understand what you're talking about now, going to have to be careful to follow those rules. I don't want to develop any bad habits, when anyone that doesn't know perspective or forshortening looks a pic without it, they can still tell somethings off definitely.

Atto thanks for illustrating Hobby's advice, that was awesome, it really helps me understand, I have to study now as it looks more complex then I thought! :cheer:

Going to pick up the book for sure Crank, just had a look at it and will be perfect for what i'm looking for right now, he has a lot of books out, and I watched a youtube video of one of his interviews.

Thanks guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2015 22:20 #12933 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Micro's wips
Happy Birthday Micro! Hope you had a great day. (Now wheres the birthday smiley?).

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

04 Dec 2015 03:45 #12935 by microscopi
Thanks Atto, yeah had a good day got, star wars for ps4, a new stormtrooper bobblehead, batman vs superman graphic novel. im not trying to ease into my age at all :woohoo:

04 Dec 2015 06:53 #12936 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic Micro's wips
.... that's too cute. :woohoo: And you had bad thoughts about your age micro. :woohoo: :P Belatedly happy Birthday ! :kiss:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

05 Dec 2015 18:25 - 05 Dec 2015 18:26 #12943 by microscopi
Aww well thanks Cherry :lol: i'm over it, I thought I was going to explode or something :woohoo:

24 Feb 2016 05:12 - 24 Feb 2016 05:15 #13405 by microscopi
I didn't have any money to buy my friend a gift for his birthday after he spent a lot of money on mine, so I made this for him for his bday, actually, its still unfinished but hopefully he didn't notice. I haven't posted much artwork outside the challenges, I should do more work instead of one pic a month :P Started work on this, it's still a work in progress but pretty happy with how it developed nicely from what I had in my imagination, although it is a matte style pic.

Attachments:

25 Feb 2016 01:10 - 25 Feb 2016 01:12 #13413 by microscopi
This looks cool so far, think i'm going to take it further. :woohoo: B)

Attachments:

27 Feb 2016 04:14 #13428 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Micro's wips
Nice work. Even though it's a wip I would balance the left side of the image with a few more trees.

13 Mar 2016 04:59 #13521 by microscopi
Thanks Crank, I think I have a better grasp of perspective to do this pic a bit of justice now.

I found a cool sketch that I want to detail further, it looks like mine style although I can't remember when I worked on it., I think I may of been out of it :X

Attachments:

15 Mar 2016 16:21 #13530 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Micro's wips
This new one (err old one) looks very cool Micro. Can't wait to see how you handle the light in it with your own distinctive style.
I was thinking of doing something similar but with out the oriental feel - I think we may be looking at the same reference image. It's really weird to see someone reach inside my head and rip out an image still bloody and dripping. It didn't hurt a bit. :pinch:

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.