April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Micro's wips

17 Mar 2016 17:31 #13552 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Micro's wips
Lol well that's bizarre Atto :lol: Maybe we are used to looking at each other images so much were absorbing the same inspiration! :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Mar 2016 19:37 #13555 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Micro's wips
Maybe so - I actually find it very cool too. There is a school of thought that is based around the theory that no-one actually generates ideas of their own. It is more a case, some believe that all the ideas exist externally and there is something akin to a race (or species) consciousness that we all delve into and pick from when required. I believe there is some research to back up the idea in other life forms. The one part I remember reading about was in regard to some birds that had learnt how to open a certain nut casing. At the same time on the other side of the world a completely seperate group of birds had learnt the same trick. The trick was discovered by both groups in such a short time scale they could not have learnt it from each other.

Weird huh? :blink:

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

17 Mar 2016 23:09 - 17 Mar 2016 23:10 #13559 by microscopi
For sure I get what you mean, just how every species has implanted information when they're born. I've seen a documentary like that but with monkeys using rocks to open coconuts.

There was one documentary I watched where there was this flower in the amazon that had a really deep tube with nectar at the bottom they were thinking there was a bird with a huge beak like 2 feet long that could get all the way to the bottom to get at the nector, they set up a camera and waited forever but eventually they caught it on camera, it was crazy. Also how deep deep sea octupus can make themselves light up like a pulsating disco ball, then go completely dark again , pretty awesome but can you imagine if that appeared infront of you! :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

07 May 2016 07:20 - 07 May 2016 07:27 #13739 by microscopi
Workin on my Samurai pic bit more.

Attachments:

12 May 2016 20:38 - 12 May 2016 20:40 #13756 by microscopi
..and more and more.. :)

Attachments:

14 May 2016 03:03 #13761 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Micro's wips
Nice work. I would double check the perspective, particularly that tower. It should converge more. Also the moonlight is too harsh on the roof top. It feels too artificial. I would make it more blue.

05 Jun 2016 20:56 - 05 Jun 2016 20:57 #13849 by microscopi
Thanks Atto :cheer: I thought I would just scrap that as I wasn't sure what direction to take it, I managed to pull this out after only a couple hours, so I think i'm going to super detail this, I love drawing trees so have to get this out of my system, plus I can practice on my details.

Attachments:

06 Jun 2016 21:39 - 06 Jun 2016 21:40 #13854 by microscopi
Attachments:

07 Jun 2016 18:58 - 07 Jun 2016 18:58 #13855 by microscopi
Attachments:

07 Jun 2016 21:34 #13857 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Micro's wips
Awesome stuff micro - theres just so much detail in the texture here. The shimmery light also gives this one a great fantasy/fable element to it as well.
On this newer one I do just read that central element as a light object on a darker background though. The previous one I can see the different architectural elements a little closer and my eye is lead between them easier to pique my interest and wonder at the ruins they lead too. The less symmetrical elements work a little better in my opinion.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.