April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Micro's wips

08 Jun 2016 07:31 #13858 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Micro's wips
I was noticing that too right after posting the update Atto :P Thanks for the feedback, I made some changes hopefully it looks better now, I'm really just working to clean up the detail more.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jun 2016 18:26 - 25 Jun 2016 18:46 #13958 by microscopi
Wasn't really happy with the rushed design I did for last month's challenge so thought I would try again with the opposite sort of design, the details are a lot of the same in the front, hard trying to figure what else to put there.

Attachments:

25 Jun 2016 21:45 #13961 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Micro's wips
Nice bright paintjob there, micro! :)

Are you going to keep this on a plain background like a concept piece? If so, I'd lighten the shadow just a little to show off the shape and silhouette.

26 Jun 2016 14:12 #13963 by microscopi
Thanks Val! :woohoo: Yea I like the idea of it on a white background as a concept piece, still working on the details the side of the car is monotonous in the detail area, thanks for pointing out about the drop shadow will lighten that baby up. B)

26 Jun 2016 15:55 #13965 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Micro's wips
Great work Micro! Some crit: The perspective feels way off. The windshield is too short, the spoiler has a vanishing point different than the hood and the mirror should be moved forward. Hope this helps. It also feels a bit abrupt how the left front of the bumper is cut off.

27 Jun 2016 17:32 - 27 Jun 2016 17:34 #14012 by microscopi
Thanks Crank, I had perspective lines on a separate layer in the beginning but it got annoying because I like to paint on just one layer, so I got lazy :lol: So the windshield should be widened, i'm not sure about where the vanishing point is supposed to be but i'll make the other corrections you suggested. :woohoo: Thanks for the info about the mentor, I was watching this video about a guy who had a mentor just like that, and helped him make a portfolio and he got a concept job out of it, so hopefully that will happen with you!

09 Jul 2016 17:18 #14089 by microscopi
New Idea :woohoo:

Attachments:

18 Jul 2016 21:27 #14167 by microscopi
Started on another environment, as always requires a lot of clean up! :ohmy:

I want to make a design for a subterranean train that operates at sonic speeds, as an alternative to airplanes. Sort of like a subway for entire countries! :woohoo:

Trying to get the lighting and atmosphere down first, overhead lights out of camera creating spotlights on the ground. I want to build a set of images like this to have a consistency in my portfolio.

Attachments:

19 Jul 2016 00:47 #14168 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Micro's wips
That looks intriguing and atmospheric, micro. Those volumetric spotlights give a nice sense of dense thickness to the underground air.
It'd be good to put some bright lights on the vehicle as well.
I'd be tempted to paint in lots of glare and lens flare too, but that's just my bad habit. :lol:

19 Jul 2016 09:37 #14171 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Micro's wips
It's a cool idea and I envy your ability to sketch up enviornments. :)
That said I'm not sure sonic speeds would be good underground (in the real world)? :P I can imagine them causing earth quakes (or effects similar to quakes anyhow)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.