April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

01 Dec 2021 16:01 #38215 by Charlotte
I still think the mouthpiece of the cigarette holder should be farther to the left rather than from the absolute middle of the cat's mouth, but the changed background helps its hind paws show properly (I realised earlier that the shadow on the paws was the same colour as the background so the paws seemed to be floating in the air.) All in all, I think it's a really good piece. As always :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Dec 2021 18:52 #38276 by cgmythology
Charlotte:  It's a bit too late too change the mouthpiece now as the layers are flattened and it would require much repainting, but I'm glad you enjoy the image regardless!  Thanks again for your input!

Made some improvements here and there and finalized the image.  I'm calling it finished, thanks again to everyone who offered their input, made for a much stronger image so I'm very grateful!

Attachments:

03 Dec 2021 19:43 #38277 by Charlotte

04 Dec 2021 06:57 #38288 by cgmythology
And it's time for a new illustration!  I'm going for something a bit more complex than my recent paintings, so I spent a lot of time on the line art here to bring it to life.  This depicts the 'Angel of Death', was going for a bit of a 'Dark Souls' vibe with this one (although I never played the games I'm a huge fan of their art style!).  Here is the sketch, any input before I begin painting would be greatly appreciated! 

Attachments:

04 Dec 2021 07:51 #38290 by Charlotte
I'm not familiar with that game or its art style. I'm just thinking if she IS dead, she wouldn't have her hand on his shoulder... :)

04 Dec 2021 09:20 #38291 by cgmythology
I don't think I want her to appear dead, just passed out or at a weakened state, so her hand there kind of shows a slight struggle so it should work in that regard I hope!

04 Dec 2021 10:51 #38292 by Charlotte
It does :)

04 Dec 2021 19:21 #38299 by cgmythology
Charlotte:  Glad to hear it!

I began the painting process, focused on my values above all else and I feel they're fairly strong at this early stage.  I attached the current progress:

Attachments:

06 Dec 2021 19:07 #38326 by cgmythology
I resumed work on the image, spent a lot of time on the figures in particular.  Pretty pleased with how it's progressing so far.  Here is the current progress, any input is always appreciated! 
Attachments:

06 Dec 2021 19:19 #38328 by Valence
Looks nice so far.
Now that there's colour in the picture her exposed torso seems a little long but I'm not sure if that's just an optical illusion of that contour shading. Keep an eye on that as it develops. Also the guy looks a bit floaty at the moment but I know that that will be resolved when you increase the contrast down around his feet. :)