April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

07 Dec 2021 19:09 #38343 by cgmythology
Valence:  Thank you! Great point about the torso, I moved the belly button a bit higher to help rectify this just now.  Hopefully it works better.

I resumed the painting process, did a ton of texture and detail work.  It's almost there I think!  Here's the current progress:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2021 04:49 #38537 by cgmythology
I finalize the image, pretty happy with how it turned out.  Of course there's still time for some final tweaks if necessary, so if something appears a bit off please let me know!

Attachments:

18 Dec 2021 15:14 #38538 by Valence
Lovely work on that long flowing hair.
It's tricky to do all that fine detail without losing the larger forms but you've achieved that very successfully here. :thumbup:

18 Dec 2021 17:12 #38539 by cgmythology
Valence:  Thank you, I'm quite pleased with the  hair as well I admit :)  Thanks for the positive words!

I started work on a new sketch, a dragon slayer.  Pretty pleased with it but I'd love to hear any input before beginning the painting process, so any feedback is encouraged!

Attachments:

18 Dec 2021 17:21 #38540 by Charlotte
I might consider cropping the image so we're closer to the knight and see less of the dragon, but the thing that I find a little "bothersome" is that the knight and his helmet look like they're positioned on a flat floor. Maybe the feet are at different heights - but we can't really tell because one's hidden by the helmet. Anyway, I think both feet and knees would be at different heights, due to the shape of the dragon's head and the helmet would probably be tilted, if it can be made to stay up there at all.

Also, the nostril (of the dragon) furthest away has a protrusion that, if present on the nearer nostril, ought to obscure part of the helmet - maybe that would help to make the helmet look like it's been "wedged" into place?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

19 Dec 2021 08:08 #38553 by cgmythology
Charlotte:  Excellent input as always!  I made a ton of changes based on your feedback, and it makes for a much stronger image so thank you!!

Current update, made some changes to the composition and began the painting process... It's coming along pretty well I'd say.  Still has some ways to go but I'm open to feedback as always. Here is the current progress:

Attachments:

19 Dec 2021 09:16 #38554 by Charlotte
I like the fire in the background, it certainly adds to the "battle aftermath" feeling. The sketch didn't quite convey as much drama, but gave a rather tranquil impression :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

19 Dec 2021 18:59 #38569 by cgmythology
Charlotte:  Thank you!  I admit the fire wasn't really planned during the earlier stages, but I'm glad you enjoy the addition!

I continued painting the image... and then I painted some more!  Here is the current progress:

Attachments:

01 Jan 2022 16:55 #38798 by cgmythology
I resumed the painting process until I was happy with it, and eventually finalized it.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out so I'm calling it done for now, unless of course there's something really off so please let me know if that's the case!  Here is the final image:

Attachments:

01 Jan 2022 17:28 #38800 by Charlotte
Poor dragon :cry: