June challenge - The Race

Deadline for entry:

May challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

30 May 2021 14:38 #35090 by Valence
Oooh, I like the background foliage. Is it a custom brush? If so it's a very good one used particularly well with a nice variety of shape and angle. It all fits believably into the landscape and helps to show that transition of depth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2021 06:51 #35171 by cgmythology
Valence: Thank you, and yes it is a custom brush! Glad to hear it works well! :)

I'm ready to begin working on a new illustration! I wanted to do something simpler this time so I opted for a portrait, this time depicting an Warcraft-inspired Orc which should make for some fun subject matter. I worked on the sketch a great deal, very pleased with how it turned out although I would very much appreciate some feedback before the painting process, just to make sure I get everything right. Here is the sketch:

Attachments:

05 Jun 2021 14:37 #35201 by Valence
All that chainmail looks like hard work. Good luck with that. :)

13 Jun 2021 09:27 #35325 by cgmythology
Valence: Indeed, the rendering took quite some time to get right, had to give it multiple passes but overall I'm satisficed with how it turned out, so it was well worth it!

I worked on the Orc a great deal, put a lot of effort into this one and it came out much more realistic than I thought it would, but I feel it works well. Here is the final image followed by a step by step animation, hope you enjoy!

Attachments:

14 Jun 2021 15:47 #35353 by Banj
He could maybe do with a bit of shadow in the right of his face cast by the chainmail.

FAQ/Site guides: cgartnexus.com/index.php/help/faq

Feedback, suggestions, problems with the site ask here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/suggestion-box