April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGMythology's Sketchbook (nudity)

24 Jan 2015 22:06 #8361 by Valence
Once again let me apologise for my rather presumptuous paintover (it always feels a bit rude doing that!) While I was doing it I couldn't help but be reminded of ... something. And now it's just come into my mind. If you want to visualise rearing-up white horses then always check out Jacques Louis David's painting of Napoleon Crossing The Alps. The great bulging muscles of the horse and its manic startled eyes are great to learn from.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jan 2015 05:16 #8365 by cgmythology
Valence: Thanks for your input, great points about the horse. This is my second illustration featuring a horse so my knowledge in that regard is very limited, I admit. The paintover looks great, the horse reads much more clearly now, thanks for taking the time to do that, very much appreciate it.

Digital Dave: Thanks for your feedback; I wanted the Dragon to be very abstract so that was a bit intentional on my part. Good point on the spikes, will rectify that as soon as I work on the image again.

I continued work on the 'elf' image, very pleased with how it's turning out in terms of color. Here is the current progress:

File Attachment:

25 Jan 2015 07:26 #8367 by cgmythology
Current update on the elf image:

File Attachment:

25 Jan 2015 09:46 #8369 by Charlotte
The elf is progressing very nicely :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

25 Jan 2015 10:35 #8370 by cgmythology
Charlotte: Thank you, having a blast with this image. Will have it completed later today!

Here's a caricature I completed for a client, it's a spoof of the Monopoly guy:
File Attachment:

I'm also starting work on another personal piece featuring an alien. This piece was initially submitted for a company and was unused, so what I'm going to do is make it into more of a portrait piece:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

and that's all for now!

25 Jan 2015 12:45 #8372 by cgmythology
Worked on the image nonstop since the last update, very happy with how it's progressing. Below is the current progress, gonna take a much needed break now, been painting like crazy for the last couple of days!

File Attachment:

25 Jan 2015 14:06 #8374 by Digital Dave
Nice updates. The elf is looking good, as well as your other two pieces too.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgmythology

25 Jan 2015 17:04 #8380 by crankshaft
Great updates! I can't figure out why but the money on the shiny floor of the monopoly picture, they look more like they're floating than lying on the floor. Maybe they need to be flatter perspective wise?

25 Jan 2015 18:16 #8383 by cgmythology
Digital Dave: Thanks, much appreciated :)

crankshaft: Thank you. Regarding the money on the Monopoly piece, I have to admit I rushed that part during the painting process.

Finished up the elf piece, very pleased with how it turned out, although I'm still open to feedback:
File Attachment:

Here is the current WIP of the Alien:

File Attachment:

26 Jan 2015 05:58 - 26 Jan 2015 05:59 #8395 by cgmythology
Started on another piece (I know, I'm multitasking), a Fan Art of 'Kitana' from the Mortal Kombat games. For this image, I wanted the character to be pretty faithful to the upcoming game, Mortal Kombat X, while also making it unique at the same time. Below is the sketch followed by the current WIP:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Feedback encouraged as always!