April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

13 Apr 2019 18:53 #24408 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
45,5 % :zzz:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2019 21:50 #24409 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
That's terrible! :lol:
Lets go back to the days where you just put the disc in and start playing straight away!

Hmm, :hmm: Do you have an SSD or a spinny hard drive? Since I upgraded to a PC with an SSD that kind of long installing stuff is much quicker now, not to mention boot times.

Anyway back to actual playing. I seem to be getting worse at Morrowind. Tried to do the Caldera Mine/Telvanni Agent quest and died very quickly. Even with the assistance of the naked barbarian. And because I'm using that Better Bodies Mod he really was naked this time! It was too disturbing. :eek:

14 Apr 2019 10:03 #24410 by Charlotte
:lol:

I have a fairly good laptop, that's all I know. Pretty sure it doesn't have a "spinny" hard drive... Anyway it finished during the night and I've been fiddling with the tutorial campaign... doesn't seem overy thrilling so far but I hope I'll enjoy it more when there are naked barb... er, I mean, when I can plan the layout better, and actually make the colony look like something other than a mess (and maybe get to plant farms where crops will grow well, and not at 30% efficiency)...

15 Apr 2019 11:44 #24413 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Even with the assistance of the naked barbarian. And because I'm using that Better Bodies Mod he really was naked this time! It was too disturbing. :eek:

You could see the detail in his woad :ohmy:

16 Apr 2019 01:11 - 16 Apr 2019 01:12 #24417 by Valence
Finally killed the agents in the mine. The other day I made the mistake of thinking I'd killed one of them and then concentrated my attack on another but the first one had just been knocked over and proceeded to get up and then repeatedly stab me in the back until death. Not this time though! :shakefist:

With them gone I continued on with my disturbing nude follower in search of the festering witch. I've kind of forgotten where she is :blush: but I haven't forgotten all those damn cliff racers that are on the route. Two of them swooped down while I was on a wooden bridge (tricky cos it obviously limits your movement which makes it hard to get in the right place to attack them) and then the naked barbarian proceeded to get in the way! "Watch who you're fighting!" he tells me as I swing my axe around trying to hit the swooping death from above while he just continues to interfere, swinging only his disturbing hairy sausage.
Eventually I get the two beasties and I turn around to complain at the idiot barbarian and I notice that he's now lying dead on the floor. Yes, watch who you're fighting indeed! :eyeroll:
So I've accidently killed him (and his hairy sausage) which is a bit annoying because when I eventually get to the witch I want (well, wanted) the barbarian to take her on first (yes, interfering would be good then!) because I know she's pretty deadly with that staff of hers. So now I'll have to beat her one-on-one... If I can find her again.

16 Apr 2019 06:43 #24419 by Charlotte
Dang those backstabbers and useless sausages.

16 Apr 2019 10:13 #24420 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Yes, watch who you're fighting indeed! :eyeroll:

"Stay out of trouble and you wont get hurt"

16 Apr 2019 11:01 #24421 by Charlotte
You won't have any fun either....

16 Apr 2019 19:51 #24425 by Valence
No sausage, no fun. :lol:

I tried to sneak up on that witch to surprise her with that paralyzing staff I picked up recently, but it failed again for the Nth time. (I like the idea of starting fights sneakily with a spell and Paralyze is one of the best for that as it then gives you a couple of free swings of your non-sausage weapon, but sadly my magic skills are pretty poor and always result in a whole load of nothing.)
So it was the usual kind battle. She did the purple magic and I hacked away with the axe. She hit me with the "You are over-encumbered" trick and then proceeded to drain my personality and luck. But thankfully she came close enough for me to get some deadly blows in and I won out in the end.
And now I have Cloudcleaver! :pirate:
And I also have to go buy loads of potions to repair my personality because everyone now hates me. :(

16 Apr 2019 20:54 - 16 Apr 2019 20:56 #24427 by Charlotte
aw you poor thing....

I'm advancing through the campaign colonies, but this last one is getting tricky. When I was at 750 inhabitants I got the goal to reach 300 and 90% "morale" (which is pretty much how pleased they are about entertainment, crime fighting and drug----I mean "enhancements"). And the more residents you have, the more difficult it is to keep them all happy. But I managed. Mere minutes before I got some kind of discovery boost that gave my colony a morale of 100% :eyeroll:
(I was also wondering, for a bit, if they meant 300 colonists in a second colony rather than the main one, but nope, they did not.)

Now I'm close to 1000 residents and the maximum of 300 structures. I guess I should have built more skyscrapers and fewer habitats. But people keep complaining about it being too crowded where they live... Although since nothing else works, maybe putting them all in the same skyscraper will actually make them happy?