April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

05 Apr 2019 16:29 - 05 Apr 2019 16:29 #24337 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I have plenty of the chocolate ones (mmm, chocolate), none of the price on my head ones in the game though. I talk to guards all the time, not that they have much to say to me in return. At the very beginning of the game I picked something up and a guard rushed me, but I just paid the fine and went on my way. That's my only brush with the law.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Apr 2019 16:37 #24338 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Did someone mention chocolate? :woohoo:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Apr 2019 18:44 - 05 Apr 2019 18:45 #24339 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yeah, but the little bits of coconut get stuck in your teeth. :(

After some short failed attempts at painting I went back to Vvardenfell and finally levelled up to the massive number of... three!
Three??

At this quest level I'd got up to five the last time around (I think that was down to the different major skills of the class I picked. Whatever that means!) But at least now (after much study and trial and error) I do understand the levelling-up/training process better so the next steps won't be quite so slow. :pirate:

And one aesthetic digression: Vivec City doesn't look quite as boring with the fancy graphics mods. I just had to pause to watch the sun rise over the cantons.
It's still my least favourite place though. :P

05 Apr 2019 20:01 #24340 by Valence

:dry: like acid dripping snakes, ships made of human fingernails, that sort of thing?

None of those yet, but a large Kraken just scared me a little when those massive tentacles burst through the floor. :lol:

I suspect it's not going to stick too close to "authentic" Norse Mythology considering that it's apparently at the bottom of the Mediterranean. :dry:

06 Apr 2019 21:19 #24345 by Valence
I said I didn't like Vivec but Hla Oad is a pretty drab place. And hard to get to as well. I spent ages wandering around following signs but there doesn't seem to be ANY road that goes there. I had to do a bit of "cross-country" roaming before I stumbled across that meagre assortment of shacks. And then the guy (well, khajiit) pretended that he didn't have any Dwemer artifacts. :eyeroll: I'm gonna have to kill him, aren't I? It wouldn't be so bad but there's another fellow in the room too. I bet he'll want to get involved. *sigh*

But I made a bit more progress in Tomb Raider and did some shooting too! I prefer the exploring parts of those games but I'll kill some mercenaries if I have too. At least there are no Morrowind guards to arrest Lara. :)
I think I'm trying to find Helheim now. Via Thailand. :dunno:

07 Apr 2019 07:22 - 07 Apr 2019 07:23 #24347 by Charlotte
:blink:

Edit: Come to think of it Helheim might well be in Thailand as it doesn't really exist in Norse mythos. It would be the same as Nifelheim if I remember correctly (Nifelheim is ruled by Hel, I think)

08 Apr 2019 11:34 #24348 by Valence
The tigers are harder to kill than the mercenaries. :(
With humans I can just hide and pick them off at a distance but the big cats keep charging at me in groups of three and aiming/shooting whilst also trying to take evasive action is ...erm... challenging. Especially with my keyboard skills. :lol:
Also it keeps trying to give me a tutorial on how to use the "adrenaline" meter to do headshots but I can never read the on-screen instructions because I'm panicking about all the tigers jumping at me!
I think I should download the manual so I can read all this stuff before the action sequence kicks in. :)

And I really don't like all those scuttling spiders. They don't kill you but they're realistically annoying and certainly deserve all the kicking and stamping that I do to crush them.

08 Apr 2019 12:24 #24349 by Charlotte
In such situations I usually run around aimlessly until I accidentally collide with whatever's chasing me, and promptly die. :confident:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

08 Apr 2019 13:49 #24350 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I said I didn't like Vivec

After wandering round there myself I was extremely close to going into a murderous rampage and just wiping out the entire population. There is someone there I am supposed to find and deal with, but I gave up looking for them and went off to another part of the world.

As for me saying there was no bounty on my head, well it seems I forgot about those assassins that kept waking me up and trying to kill me. Well the jokes on them because I found their base of operations and killed every last one of them. "H" will just have to find another way to stop me from doing whatever it is I am supposed to be doing.

Recently I have spent many hours in sewers, and took part in a play resulting in many deaths and much reloading. I am still fighting a battle with item burden that I am very much losing due to being a hoarder. I also have an increasingly long list of quest to complete including a conflict of interests where one guild I am a member of wants me to kill someone from another guild I am a member of. Right now I am beginning to think the thieves guild is actually more trustworthy than Fightclub :paranoid: At least slack tongue or whatever his name is was going to sort out that assassination situation for me.

08 Apr 2019 13:57 #24351 by Charlotte
But you already killed all the assassins so you need no help with that now... :dry:

Being a hoarder is problematic. I spent much time (in The Witcher) considering which loot to drop and which to keep or pick up/replace once my inventory was full and the story wouldn't let me go to an inn to unload. And then I won the game and I never even used or sold all that stuff. And once I started to have a decent amount of money there was nothing left I needed to buy, except better armour which I seem to have missed the opportunity to do. I think all that "hoarding for nothing" was part of why I felt the game ended before I was done... :P