April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

08 Apr 2019 14:01 #24352 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
You're waaaay ahead of me now. :(
But even at my poor level of progress I've always been suspicious of the Fighter's Guild. There seem to be too many connections with Camonna Tong. And I'm not too comfortable with House Hlaalu either even though they pay better than the others.
I haven't had ANY encounter with the dark assassins yet. I think I have the mod that delays it and because it's a story from the expansion pack it wasn't there at all in my previous XBox playthrough so I'm sort of looking forward to that sleepy time attack. :)

Have you found the mudcrab merchant yet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2019 14:03 #24353 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

But you already killed all the assassins so you need no help with that now... :dry:

Before I killed them. :dry:

I was meaning that he had been willing to do something for me unlike the fighters guild who don't really seem to give me much in return for what I do for them.

08 Apr 2019 14:29 #24354 by Banj

You're waaaay ahead of me now. :(
But even at my poor level of progress I've always been suspicious of the Fighter's Guild. There seem to be too many connections with Camonna Tong. And I'm not too comfortable with House Hlaalu either even though they pay better than the others.
I haven't had ANY encounter with the dark assassins yet. I think I have the mod that delays it and because it's a story from the expansion pack it wasn't there at all in my previous XBox playthrough so I'm sort of looking forward to that sleepy time attack. :)

Have you found the mudcrab merchant yet?

I was attacked by one very early after I first arrived at Balmora, then I completely forgot about it until I was attacked again somewhere around Caldera. I then completely forgot about them until last night when I spoke to tongue-face and then later found their base and made sure they wouldn't be bothering me again. I have no idea about mudcrab people :unsure:

08 Apr 2019 19:17 #24355 by Valence
That'll teach me to gloat about not getting the Assassin Alarm!
After thinking about it I realised that I actually don't rest that much in the game. I only go to find a bed to when I need to level up (which as I've noted, has been slow this time around.) So, while I was in Seyda Neen, I popped into the shack I "acquired" from that murderer to have a bit of "shut-eye" in that comfy looking hammock. And sure enough...
"Die, Fetcher!" :lol:
A couple of swipes of the axe did him in. It was worth it for the nice set of armour. :) Although the subsequent walk to Ebonheart from Vivec wasn't quite as satisfying. I can never find the boats that take you to the right place!

I've also never located the mudcrab merchant. It's somewhere close to Vivec? Maybe? And I think you need some kind of waterwalking spell to get to the island. I did make an effort to find him when I began playing because he has the most money in all of Vvardenfell (10 grand) but then I got used to using Creeper to work my finances. Both of them pay full price for goods so you can use them as a "bank" to keep the money flowing. :)

09 Apr 2019 14:31 - 09 Apr 2019 19:03 #24356 by Valence
Another ineffectual day passes in Morrowind. :)

I followed up on my long-awaited assassin encounter by reporting to the guard who told me to talk to another guard in Ebonheart who then told me to talk to someone in the Grand Council Chambers about travelling to Mournhold. So I went off to the... wait- the Grand what? *looks at map* *wanders aimlessly around entire castle* *looks at map again*
OK, I admit. I can't find the Grand Council Chambers. :blush:
Internet says, "They're 'upstairs.'"
And I can't find any stairs. Are they behind that locked door that I can't pick or use an Unhinge spell on because there are four other people in the room that will then kill me? Do I have to join something first?
Or maybe they mean the stairs outside? :hmmm: Perhaps I should have continued on that bridge where the guard was. :S

Anyway, I'm not really at the kind of level to go to Mournhold yet so the assassins can wait. :)
One good thing about being in Ebonheart is that I can just take the boat to Hla Oad instead of the usual tedious cross-country walk in the rain. So I went back there to try again to get those Dwemer relics from the snarky khajiit. I spent ages taunting him and eventually had to use a couple of willpower potions to provoke an attack that would let me legally kill him. But kill him I did. Got the key. Opened the chest. Took the goodies. Only for the other guy in the room to report my "crime" and attack me. I just knew he was gonna get involved! And he had way too much purple magic stuff for me. :dead:
So after one reloaded save game.. I'm back in Ebonheart. :shrug:

Edit: Ok, I've now found the Grand Council Chambers and they were indeed in a much more obvious place than I'd thought. I was actually staring right at them when the guard told me to go there. :oops:

10 Apr 2019 01:48 #24363 by Valence

And I really don't like all those scuttling spiders. They don't kill you...

Yeah, forget I said that. :lol:
If there's enough of them, your health's a bit low and you can't get them quick enough... :dead:
And the lizardy things are worse than the tigers. They even climb walls to get you!

But apart from the "baddies" I'm loving the Thailand level. Some of the climbing sequences are creating some fantastic sensations of vertigo! :eek: And the Shiva puzzle was spectacular!
I don't think Helheim is gonna be down in that big hole I've just created. Cut scenes seem to imply something to do with Thor's Hammer. :confident:
But I may be wrong... depending on how good I am at paying attention this late at night. :)

10 Apr 2019 10:32 #24364 by Banj

Edit: Ok, I've now found the Grand Council Chambers and they were indeed in a much more obvious place than I'd thought. I was actually staring right at them when the guard told me to go there. :oops:

It's OK, I also wandered around there for some time trying to find that place.

11 Apr 2019 11:01 #24374 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Does anyone know why some games (and other programs) require you to say "yes I allow this program to make changes to my computer" every time you open them?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Apr 2019 11:47 #24375 by Banj
Because Windows user account protection (UAC) is attempting to protect you. You could lower the security level, but doing so risks things you don't want accessing your computer to get past it. You could maybe set whatever it is to run as an administrator which might help reduce the need for the warning.

11 Apr 2019 11:53 #24376 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
*shrugs* it's easy enough to click yes, but it's still a bit annoying that it happens on some programs... for no apparent reason...

I tried to play secret world of legends again but I can't recall anything of the controls.... and having a cat on the desk doesn't help.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.