March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

03 Apr 2019 20:14 #24311 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
No, not yours. :lol:

It's where the kwama queen lives. :confident:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Apr 2019 05:59 #24312 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
but.... egg MINE :blink:
don't they know where eggs come from??? :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

04 Apr 2019 14:46 #24314 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
"So you can answer these questions and we'll select a class for you automatically."

Answers a series of questions.

"So you answered, beat him to death, take his stuff, ignore that guy, kill take, steal, rob murder, avoid... So we decided you are a crusader, determined to stand up for justice and help the needy."

Er, OK :unsure: :facepalm:

"Oh, you found the body of that missing Tax Collector did you? Well nobody liked him, the only person who got on with him was the lovely nice wonderful friendly lady in the light house, she's very nice and lovely and friendly, you should go ask her."

"You mean the very nice lady in the lighthouse that I brutally beat to death when she attacked me because I pressed space and picked up something that apparently belonged to her? I guess I'll go talk to her then... D'OH!"

Actually it didn't matter because I found the murderer and murderered him to death as well.

Walk for miles and take me to this place miles and miles away from where we are right now and I'll give you these amazing Barry Allen boots of awesome speed.

Walk for miles and miles and miles. Receive boots. Walk around for several hours wondering why these super speedy boots of amazingness feel the same speed as regular walking (which is pretty *%^!ing slow). Finally realises that the boots haven't actually been equipped this entire time. :facepalm: :dumb:

WEEEEE!!! :woohoo: :brb:

Egg mines. Slaughter poachers (poached eggs... :stare: :giggle: ).

More dealing out death and destruction.

"Hey, you should hand over some money or you might get killed by some bandits."

"How about nope?"

"DIEEE!!!"

"Oh crap, why is my weapon not... URK!" :dead:

Reload save.

"Now you were saying something about dying?" HACK SLASH!

(but don't worry, a failure of the game to save when I pressed the save button after killing him meant I got to see him again about half an hour later after my second death in another mine when I got ganked in the doorway, and had to go through and redo a load of stuff).

"Hey you (SNIFF!), I got mugged by some thugs that stole my jewels. They were somewhere to the east of place-beginning-with-C."

"OK, I'll go get them for you (I am a crusader after all)."

Ends up in a very unfriendly place of great darkness and infinitely spawning enemies that keep attacking me as I get more and more lost and can't find the way I got in here. Ah look, a ghost gate wall thing. Ahh look a door to a place that has people that immediately want me dead. Let's kill them all and take their stuff. Look a ring and an amulet, just like that woman had stolen. Spend ages trying to find a way our of the hell hole.

"Hi, here's your jewels."

"Have you found those bandits yet? I don't want you near me until you do."

:facepalm:

Ignore jewel theft problem, on to important mission. Captain man-guy wants me to get information about something from fightclub training dude. Fightclub training dude will only give info if I go get something from the Mines of Moria. Go to mines, search, kill everything in sight. pick locks on many doors. Find chest which may or may not contain thing of important need. Lock is far too complicated my feeble lock picking skills.

Lets forget that mission for now then.

Commander woman lady of fightclub wants me to get a code book from vendor woman. Vendor woman wants nothing to do with me.

Er, wonders what to do next.

That was Sunday and Monday evenings Morrowinding experience. There was also a death somewhere due to the game suddenly altering my keybindings so I couldn't actually use my weapons or do anything else until I reset the controls.

04 Apr 2019 14:46 #24315 by Valence
Well the next Fighter's Guild quest takes place at an Ebony Mine! :blink:
But don't worry, it's not the "wood" kind of ebony. :lol:

04 Apr 2019 14:49 #24316 by Valence
Ah, I see you're "enjoying" Morrowind, Banj. :)

04 Apr 2019 14:50 - 04 Apr 2019 14:51 #24317 by Banj
Oh, I forgot to mention the naked barbarian and the Witch that took his axe. RIP witch. How dare she threaten a poor defenceless alcoholic after some kind of decorating accident left him covered in blue paint.

[edit] It is actually quite a fun game. Enjoying it more than I expected.

04 Apr 2019 14:55 #24318 by Valence
You got the Cloudcleaver Axe? :woohoo:

I'm a few "level-ups" away from being able to take on both of them. Ditto for the Ebony Mine. I'm clearly not as violent as you. :lol:

04 Apr 2019 15:02 #24319 by Banj

You got the Cloudcleaver Axe? :woohoo:

No, I gave it back to him. His need seemed greater than mine, and he was the only person that doesn't sniff at me. Although I'm pretty handy with axes, I already have a two handed long sword with flames coming out of it, which I'm also pretty handy with. My Orcish abilities with big heavy weapons are not to be sniffed at.

04 Apr 2019 15:10 #24320 by Valence
The first time I played it the witch killed him during the big skirmish then I took her on to get the goodies for myself. Her staff was a bit annoying, it made everyone hate me. :(
Until the restore potions kicked in. :)

This time around my levelling up has been annoyingly slow. I've read up on the most efficient ways to do it but it doesn't happen as quick as I'd like.

04 Apr 2019 19:53 #24322 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
lol seems Banj's accounts of Morrowind are as entertaining as Val's. Now I'm starting to think I should try the game after all.... or... eh... :dunno:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.