April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

13 May 2023 19:33 #45571 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

I've got quite a few quests that take me along that western road towards Markarth...

*rescues a blacksmith chap from some bandits*

You're welcome. Off you go then. :)
"Take me home."
Er- What? You want me to babysit you all the way to... Where? Riften? RIFTEN?!
And he doesn't have any weapons and doesn't want to fight.
Hope I can put him on the next carriage I see because I was planning on going in the opposite direction. :eyeroll:

Oh, and... And...
I almost got struck by lightning. The sky went a very funny colour, there were a few rumbles of distant thunder and then there was a big noise and a flash to my side and the tree there was suddenly on fire. :ohmy:
In all my hundreds of hours of gameplay I don't think I've ever seen this happen. Thunder, yes; flashes on the horizon, maybe, but not this near miss.
So I went to google it. :lol:
And I can find no references to this outside of mods (and I don't have any weather mods!)
It was a bit creepy. Hope it happens again. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2023 19:59 #45573 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Maybe your game evolved :hmm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

13 May 2023 20:31 #45575 by Valence
...or glitched. :lol:

Anyway I'm now back on track with my normal plan after that rescued chap was willing to go on a carriage. :)
I also did a couple of extra stealy jobs during the detour including a pickpocketing that almost went wrong when the old dear turned around just as I was about to hit the button and asked me, "Do you like horses?"
Yes, I just love them, that's why I'm crouched here behind you with my thievey fingers reaching out. :dry:

Uthgerd has been a decent follower so far even if she is a bit picky about the outfit she wears. After trying most things from my wardrobe she eventually accepted the Orc armour although she will apparently wear anything on her head. So I gave her the chef's hat. :P

16 May 2023 23:06 #45603 by Valence
Taking out a truckful of MULEs with a single remote stun bomb is tremendously satisfying. :)
Wish I'd taken a screenshot of the glorious moment but I was too busy cowering in the long grass in a panicky way. :paranoid:

But away from Death Stranding I made a bit of progress in Lords Of The Fallen until I was presented with some new, nasty looking enemies with far too many attacks that I've never seen before.
And no save point in sight. :cry:
:dead:

17 May 2023 11:13 #45605 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

And no save point in sight. :cry:
:dead:

So, my letter to the government worked then 

17 May 2023 11:47 #45606 by Valence
That was the game that started the emergency government debate in parliament. :confident:
Now excuse me as I run away from some more glowing eyed androids and an alien to get to... another checkpoint. :dry:

Alien Isolation isn't quite as bad, and I do appreciate the tension it adds, but I do feel that it completely overwhelms the rest of the game. When I'm playing it I don't care about the characters, the story or any mystery about what's happening, the only thing on my mind is to just get to the next save point. :shrug:

18 May 2023 13:44 - 18 May 2023 13:47 #45622 by Charlotte
:shakefist:

I have traversed the snowy and freezing cold landscape on foot because the damn snowfox (hoverbike) gives me motion sickness, I have braved the bearlike stalkers and snowstorms and found stuff, including the leviathan, and "cured" it (it's still dead, I think) and built a small base to store all the stuff I found that I can't take with me and then I go and fall through the cave floor into an endless ocean of water and sky and seeing the leviathan and caves and nearby structures from below, but with no way to get back up there.

:shakefist:

I tried the unstuck button but it decided I wasn't stuck at all and just reloaded me where I was. I checked my last save and that was 35 minutes ago. :stare: I considered dying but that would mean dropping some belongings (my loot!!!) in that endless and theoretically unreachable abyss. *sigh*

I quit.

18 May 2023 15:01 - 18 May 2023 15:07 #45623 by Banj

Keep on keeping on again? :dry:

EDIT -  My Epic launcher has decided to switch itself to Chinese 

18 May 2023 15:15 - 18 May 2023 15:16 #45624 by Charlotte
Mine updated itself but nothing's different, except the time has come to reveal the super secret game to be death stranding. That game is (peeing) everywhere. :dry:

Edit: actually it isn't. "404 page not found". :giggle: 

18 May 2023 15:18 #45625 by Banj
I'm pretty sure the mystery game is << 死亡搁浅 >>