March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

07 May 2023 09:45 #45502 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
People do seem to die unexpectedly in both Solitude and Windhelm... I've no idea who Sorex is. But I still remember the sad news that whatshername at the wine stall in Solitude had passed and left me a small inheritance. I never did find out what happened to her.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2023 23:29 - 09 May 2023 00:32 #45521 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Pesky intermittent internet. :shakefist:
But now that it's working again...

Sorex is related to the guy at the Winking Skeever. That's where I bumped into him as he was drinking in the doorway while I attempted to leave and moments later he was also in my way in Radiant Raiment. If characters start talking to you as you exit/enter a place they seem to come with you past the loading screens and I'm wondering if that's what created the glitch as it occurred twice very quickly. Sadly too many autosaves happened to stop me from "saving" him so I'll just have to deal with one less merchant. :)
I have now acquired the land for WIndstad Manor. I actually got a bit confused about that (confused? again? :lol:) as I was expecting to be given Heljarchen and was even thinking about installing that farming mod that goes with that. But all of that is in Dawnstar and not Morthal.
And during that brief farming dream I found out that there's another farming mod in the Anniversary edition that you have. Have you tried that out and did it work well?

Meanwhile in Death Stranding I foolishly tried to drive a truck through a BT area tonight and that was not a good idea. They swarm around you very quickly indeed. I thought I was gonna get glooped as I jumped out to try and fight them but I managed to shake them off and then, as they were a bit too close for grenades...
I urinated on them all! :evil:

09 May 2023 06:01 #45523 by Charlotte
I haven't tried any mods for Skyrim yet. And I can't even remember which house is Windstad Manor :cry:

I've been playing Subnautica lately but I'm not really getting anywhere. I've built the big submarine but yesterday I was attacked by a reaper and then I "rigged it for silent running" and went away from there and... ran out of batteries (power cells). Luckily I had some extra so I could get back home. But all in all it meant I never really got anything done.

09 May 2023 11:31 - 09 May 2023 11:32 #45525 by Valence
I meant the mods that are built in to your version like the survival thing and Saints And Seducers etc.. That farm is called Goldenhills and is apparently near Rorikstead. But not in my game. I would have to install something else.

Windstad is East of Solitude across the water, which doesn't sound like the greatest location. Seems like it'll be a bit of a chore travelling from there to get the necessary materials. At least with Lakeview you could just pop down to Riverwood or the nearby mine. So I guess I won't be doing too much decorating just yet. I'll probably just get it to the state where the manly housecarl can live there and then go on my adventures again. :)

09 May 2023 11:41 #45526 by Charlotte
Never heard of it. I haven't seen it listed as part of those mods. I don't think. :dumb:

Oh right Windstad is the place where I added a stone tower for the housecarl fella. :aha:
I don't think he's noticed it yet, though. :dry:

09 May 2023 13:01 #45527 by Charlotte
As I am supposed to be working, naturally I took the time for a quick googling, which revealed that I am a confused nincompoop as usual. I don't have the Anniversary edition. I got the special edition at an anniversary price. :dumb:

So I have the DLCs Hearthfire, Dragonborn and Saints & Seducers plus the survival mode and the fishing stuff. But I do think that's it. The Anniversary edition apparently contains over 70 mods from the Creation Club and as far as I can tell I have zero of that content in my game.

09 May 2023 15:05 #45528 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

We need a mind blown emoji. :confident:

09 May 2023 15:07 #45529 by Valence
After a bit of googling it seems that the Special Edition comes with 4 of the Creation Club mods: Saints and Seducers, Survival, Fishing and Rare Curios. :confident:
Others are purchased with "credits". :argh:

09 May 2023 17:11 #45530 by Charlotte
Rare curios.... sounds familiar but I'm not sure what it is.

10 May 2023 00:27 - 10 May 2023 00:28 #45532 by Valence
I've started with the foundations of Windstad but...

There's nothing else here!! :pout:
Where the hell am I gonna get nails and fittings and hinges and things? :dunno:
It's not as if I can buy them from the three horkers that are shuffling around over there or the nasty chaurus that attacked me on the way here (which was strangely accompanied by a death hound and a dragon. :blink:)
So I'm gonna have to swim back to Solitude, aren't I?
I just love swimming. You finally get to the shore, wonder where your followers are and then backtrack (or backstroke? :giggle:) only to find them failing to kill a slaughterfish somewhere and refusing to come with you until it's dead. :eyeroll:
Attachments: