April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

04 May 2023 15:46 #45473 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

Maybe she plays several games at the same time too. :)

We need a mind blown emoji. :confident:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2023 19:37 #45476 by Charlotte
Today as I ran from my seamoth/moonpool towards the storage cabinets I caught a weird sight through the corner of my eye. The ground seemed much closer to the window than I remembered. So I doubled back and took a proper look. Would you believe it, a reefback had got itself stuck under my base! :ohmy: It's back looked like a patch of ground just below the window. But when I looked closer, it was also underneath the moonpool meaning my seamoth was now stuck in there.

Usually when these things get stuck, you need to rebuild part of your base... But I probably wouldn't even be able to do that with the seamoth still in the moonpool... Luckily, I found the advice to build into it. (It might be the same fix I found before, but when I searched the forum for my post on it, I could only find one where I had to rebuild.) So I went out there and while dodging the spikes from those angry tigergrass or what'sit thingies, I tried to build some base pieces that would push the reefback away. The one who posted the fix made it sound like one piece would be enough and they'd go scooting off, but nope, not this one. It just moved ever so slightly for each piece and eventually ended up stuck beneath the platform I always build under my moonpools (to make it easier to get the prawn suit in there regardless of depth) instead of directly under the moonpool. But a base piece or two more, and it got free and slowly started moving away.

It took me a lot longer than I'd have liked, but it was kind of nice seeing it liberated and swimming freely again. I'm sure it felt relieved too, even if it's not real and just a digital fish. :dumb:

Then I swam back up into my base and found it flooded :stare: Luckily it was just a quick repair inside the moonpool area and the base was tip top and drained of water once again.

Now I just hope we won't have to repeat all this with the next reefback, and the next....
Funny nobody ever made a perimeter defense system mod, that keeps reefbacks and maybe other leviathans (and/or aggressive fauna) away from the immediate vicinity of your base...

(I did take screenshots but I'm too lazy to post them)

04 May 2023 19:55 #45477 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Would you believe it, a reefback had got itself stuck under my base! 

05 May 2023 20:41 - 05 May 2023 20:41 #45486 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I hope they can't see me hiding under this table. :unsure:

Nooooo!
They can.
And he's kicking me in the head. :cry:

And the last savepoint was nearly 20 minutes back and getting to this bit was really hard. :pout:
Attachments:

05 May 2023 22:41 #45487 by Valence
...and I've just assassinated someone in the Tower Of London without actually killing anyone. :dumb:

I'd had freed a potential ally first and this allowed me to recruit some guards to go along with me. So I instructed them to charge through the main door to attack the baddies to create a big distraction there and then I went off to sneakily climb the outer walls in order to find a more subtle entry point where I could do The Deed without anyone seeing me. Finally I found an doorway at the top that provided access and as I approached... I discovered that one of those recruited guards had managed to murder his way through the whole building and had then killed the target for me. :lol:

Evie was as surprised as I was. Job done, let's go then. :)

Attachments:

06 May 2023 14:29 - 06 May 2023 14:29 #45492 by Valence
After fiddling with that Skyrim mod the other day I continued with some experiments in the Creation Kit and late last night I made my own NPC mod and placed him in the nearest inn.
I then launched the game and made my way to the location. I went inside and... He was there. :woohoo:

He was named Dalinus and was a Breton warrior mage who wore a Stormcloak outfit despite not being a part of their war as a mocking statement of defiance against their politics. I approached and talked to him and he said, "Huh?" and left. :blink:
I went outside chasing after him and saw him march off up the hill far away from me.
So much for being a follower. :dry:
Clearly I have much to learn about AI Packages. :lol:

I'd copied the AI from Onmund cos I wanted him to fight with a bit of magic so I suspect he was marching back to the College at Winterhold.
So I returned to the Creation Kit and cleared out the AI and also changed the relationship status in the hope that he'd talk to me this time but when I relaunched the game he'd completely disappeared. :blink:

I then deleted everything so that it doesn't ruin my game. I may try again from scratch when I know a bit more. ;)
Attachments:

06 May 2023 16:03 #45493 by Charlotte
Maybe he was just playing hard to get.... :dry:

06 May 2023 20:44 - 06 May 2023 20:45 #45497 by Valence
More Thieves' Guild duties. :paranoid:

*looks around*
*waits for guard to go round the corner*

Sneak Mode.
(HIDDEN)
:aha:
*picks lock*
Now let's go inside....

Oh, hello, Ahtar. 
I didn't expect you to be stood on the other side of the door.
In fact I didn't expect you at all. I suppose that this is how I find out that you and Jala are ...you know... together? Yes?
Well, good for you, I hope you're very happy living in the same house.
I suppose it's too much to hope that maybe you didn't actually see all three of us come in especially when Arissa isn't even sneaking anyway! :lol:
Attachments:

06 May 2023 20:57 - 06 May 2023 20:58 #45498 by Valence
...yes, lovely leeks you have there, Jala. Buy a tomato? Yes, if you like. But more importantly... Your boyfriend. Why isn't he at work? :stare:

It's after 11AM. Is it his day off or something? :shakefist:
Attachments:

06 May 2023 21:36 - 06 May 2023 22:19 #45500 by Valence
Don't look so suspicious, Una. There's nothing suspicious to see here. I'm just sitting on a step waiting for a man to come out of that house over there. What could be more innocent than that?

I've now wandered all around Solitude doing a few other jobs and he's still in there.
I hope he goes to sleep when it gets dark. :dry:

EDIT: At last!
Had to wait/sleep until after 1AM before the door was safe to sneak through.
But in other news... Sorex is dead! :ohmy: :cry:
A courier interrupted my waiting with the inheritance letter and I later saw the guard crouched over his body.
I only saw him a few "hours" earlier while I was looting various places. He got in the way while I was dashing from the Winking Skeever to Radiant Raiment.
I didn't kill him.
I wonder if he glitched when I nudged him through the door. :hmm:
Or maybe those snobby Elf Sisters didn't like people like him in their shop. :lol:
Attachments: