April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

22 May 2023 19:45 #45665 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Can you defeat the baddies and run BACK to the previous save point before continuing?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2023 19:54 #45666 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Yes, that how you "bank" your XP and I thankfully did that. :cheer:
But when you die ALL the baddies everywhere respawn, even if you killed them before saving.

That's just the way these games work. :shrug:

23 May 2023 09:46 #45671 by Charlotte
Stoopid game :paranoid:

23 May 2023 10:12 #45672 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Steam currently has Metro: Last Light Complete edition for free until the 25th. 

24 May 2023 23:10 - 24 May 2023 23:14 #45682 by Valence
Finally! :stare:
A save point!

And the bit after this isn't any easier.
Of course it isn't. Why would it be? :shrug: :lol:
Two more of those new big things then an invincible tyrant guy, well invincible until you find and destroy his golden egg thingy and I can't find it yet, I think it's on a level above and when I ran away and got up there I ended up immediately trapped between one of those fat shooty potion-gulping chaps and THREE of those angry dogs things and I was dead before I could work out which one to target. :dead:

The only way you can survive fights is to take them on one at a time so I'm gonna have to work out a plan to kite each of them away to a separate area whilst also somehow staying away from the invincible guy. :pout:
Attachments:

25 May 2023 16:23 #45685 by Charlotte
I'm (carefully) driving around Planet Nomads in my cute little buggy when I came across a couple of big.... presents? One green and one red, with white ribbons. I googled and the only comment I found was from 2018 when someone said "there might still be unexplored regions with some presents left". But it's a single player game genereated uniquely from seed, so I don't really understand how the game could have "unexplored regions"? Unless the planet isn't as randomly generated as the game devs claims. Maybe it's only the debris locations that are unique :hmm:

25 May 2023 20:11 - 25 May 2023 20:12 #45687 by Valence
Open the presents... If you dare! :lol:

I see New Vegas is the next Epic Mystery. I was hoping it was gonna be Fallout 4 but I suppose I'll claim that one again even though I haven't played the Steam one for a while.
But it is a bit janky without mods. :confident:

26 May 2023 08:24 #45689 by Charlotte
I did open the pressies. Before I googled. I also tried dismantling them because I was curious what they might be "built" of, but they had like 10,000 or 100,000 hit points and I figured I'd run out of batteries for my tool before I made a dent in the parcels.

26 May 2023 21:52 - 26 May 2023 21:53 #45692 by Valence
I used Fragile's umbrella for the first time today. :cheer:

I went back to the east to get the ...erm... "thing" from the roof of that... "place". :dry:
I knew it was there before, that is why I went there before going to the port but I didn't have enough grenades to clear the BTs at the time.
But I've got it now. And while I'm in this region I may as well pick up some of the other "things" that I know about. I remember those shipping containers at the port looking very "climb-able." :lol:
But now that I am in this area again... everything's ruined by the naughty rain. :(
Even the stuff that I built. May as well upgrade some of it before it completely falls apart. :)

Mama: "Did you know that you can customise structures?"

Erm. Yes? I've already done it before.
Ah, but it was just other people's stuff that I customised before. Now that I'm trying to do my own stuff I'll guess I'll have to sit through the belated, unnecessary tutorial. So, come on then, Mama, what are you gonna get me to add to this charging station?

"Pop Virus"???? :rage:

*quickly changes the song afterwards*

🎵 "...cos the sun.... don't follow meeeee."
That's better. :thumbup:

27 May 2023 20:23 #45695 by Valence
Go on Uthgerd. Join the Blades...

Go on! You might like it.
You might like it as much as you did last week when I made you join and then forgot to save.
Hey, you might even like it as much as you did five minutes ago when I made you join and then realised that I hadn't taken my chef's hat back and had to reload.
I'm not giving my chef's hat away, you were only borrowing it. :stare:

So then after a bit of northwards wandering, and a rather fortunate encounter with Farkas near Bthardamz which has saved me returning all the way to Whiterun, I've now got myself another follower after maybe saving Borgakh from a dodgy marriage. And while there I ended up with yet more fisticuffs...

Those Orcs do love a punch up. :dry:
Attachments: