April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

28 May 2023 15:08 #45699 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I've been playing a bit of Far Cry 3 recently.
I decided to install something else last week cos I clearly don't have enough games to play and switch between. :dry:
I was torn between Control and Far Cry and went for the latter so that I could also mess around with the map editor which is always a nice addition to those games.
But anyway... I've been playing through the opening missions and I'm now getting a little annoyed by the inventory system. Currently I can only carry 32 things in my rucksack, which is now full, and there's no slow-walking over-encumberance, you just can't pick things up anymore. So I go to the store and try to sell stuff but I can't because... my wallet is also full.
I have too much money. :blink:
I wish I had these problems in real life. :lol:

So I need to craft a bigger wallet to hold more money and a bigger rucksack to carry more loot, so I hunt the various animals for the skins to craft these items but I can't pick them up because my little rucksack is still full! :shakefist:
I guess I'll just have to drop and lose all the stuff I've been collecting so far. :shrug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 May 2023 21:04 #45701 by Valence
...so after dropping stuff I went a-hunting.
Unfortunately hunting with an assault rifle is not a good idea cos it scares off all the nearby animals and draws the attention of the baddies. :eyeroll:
After a few failed attempts at that I decided I'd better unlock the recurve bow by getting to another radio tower. Now the bow is in my possession but I can only carry one weapon at time for the moment so I hope my silent hunting expedition to take down a couple of tapir won't attract anything more deadly.

Spoiler! It did. :(
Baddies? Run.
Big cat? Run.
More baddies? Throw some stones and stab them with a knife! :cheer:
And here's some tapir!
I shot three of them and skinned them in order to make a Wugged Wucksack, as Elmer Fudd might call it.
So I can now carry 48 things. Oh, look. There's another dead tapir by the waterline. I don't remember killing that one, may as well skin that too.
Ah, yes. I didn't kill that one. This crocodile did. :S
Amazingly I killed the crocodile with some fortunate button bashing as it was attempting to drown me. So I skinned that too.
Now I need to craft a quiver for more arrows and a holster so I can hold more than one weapon and for that I need... goats.

:pirate:
I almost have enough equipment to go back to doing the story mission. :paranoid:
Attachments:

29 May 2023 06:10 #45703 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:ohmy:
Tapir!

I will never forgive you. :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 May 2023 11:21 #45710 by Valence
But.. But... I needed the Rugged Rucksack. :unsure:

And I need to find some Cassowary next.
For... something. :oops:

29 May 2023 12:20 #45711 by Charlotte
:ohmy:

29 May 2023 21:03 - 29 May 2023 22:04 #45714 by Valence
Just had a long session in Death Stranding and...

Warning: Spoiler!

EDIT: Also...

Just go away. :pout:
Are you sure there's only one of these things?? It seems to be everywhere while I try to find this damn keycard.
Attachments:

01 Jun 2023 21:08 #45732 by Valence
I intervened during a random crime in WatchDogs tonight, as I do as a vigilante, but the naughty chap was surprisingly quick on his feet as he tried to get away.
He was jumping over fences, doubling back, turning down alley-ways, sidestepping through crowds. It was all a bit frustrating trying to catch him ... until he stupidly walked too close to a steam pipe. Why chase them down when you can.... BOOOM! :giggle:

I was very satisfied with that, but the drivers in the subsequent traffic jam were less than impressed.

Attachments:

02 Jun 2023 22:12 - 04 Jun 2023 11:37 #45737 by Valence
I built a way to get a quick exit from the awkward-to-reach Musician's place. :woohoo:

Timed Premium delivery? No problem.
Fifteen minutes? Did it in under three! :aha:

Admittedly that line does go perilously close to that cliff edge but I'm sure Sam won't ever hit it. It wouldn't let you build there if it was in the way. :unsure:

Anywaaay, I think I may be "umbrella-ing" back to the Central Region next to see what story awaits me. :)
Attachments:

03 Jun 2023 20:24 #45740 by Valence
After a quick stop off in Solitude for some shopping (I hope nobody else randomly died while I was there. :dry:) I took my newly-bought straw and started construction of beds at Windstad Manor. I also furnished it with some tables, chairs, a mannequin who's standing in the wrong place and a couple of fireplaces. :aha:
Still no sign of my manly housecarl-man yet. :dunno:
I've seen him once when he introduced himself at Morthal but he doesn't seem keen to move in and, you know, actually do his job! :stare:
Borgakh is doing OK so far. She didn't say anything while we were at WIndstad so I guess she's not a potential steward. Never mind, her fights have been pretty good so far. In fact, she killed the Pale Lady before I did. She even killed her before I could get a screenshot. :lol:
After that I returned to Moorside to see if Eisa was there again. I'd seen her there before after she'd given me the quest and I thought I'd meet up with her again to give her the news, but she was nowhere around. Which was a shame. :shrug:

Manly housecarl-man isn't here either so... does that mean he's finally moved in at the manor? :hmm:

04 Jun 2023 07:20 #45743 by Charlotte
Maybe your house-carl randomly died? :dry: