April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

08 Jun 2023 07:20 #45783 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
That's what I suspect it is :paranoid:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2023 23:08 - 08 Jun 2023 23:11 #45788 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Hmm, this is making me think... potential boss battle coming up? :hmm:

:pirate:
Eventually after much death. :dry:

That was ... challenging. Many times it would just kill me with one blow as I sloooooooowly tried to do the Prayer spell and I do wish he would drink potions quicker. Just gulp it down as if your life depends on it because, you know, your life depends on it! But no, he must delicately sip it as if he's a snobbish connoisseur at a wine-tasting event. I'm surprised he doesn't sniff the bouquet first.
But I prevailed.

Then I pushed on and had to fight another invincible man. :pout:
(Where's his heart??)
Then there was some terrible acting from Yetka followed by some terrible acting from some creepy chap who seemed to be trying hard to sound  like the stoney guys from Witcher 3 ("Bart less thinky") then there was some terrible acting from two guys who wanted a potion (I let them have it thinking it would come back after saving but apparently not. :eyeroll:) and now.... 
I have literally no idea where I'm supposed to be going. :dunno:

The text overlay says I've to meet up with Kaslo again in some place but I don't know where that is any more.
A map would be nice.
I may have to go look it up on The Internet. :dumb:

09 Jun 2023 20:09 - 09 Jun 2023 20:10 #45810 by Valence
I went back to that dangerous fort in Egypt with a better plan.
Well- The same plan actually but I'm gonna do it better this time. :dry:
This time I've sabotaged the beacons so they can't call for reinforcements. :cheer:

So without the extra danger of the Phylakes popping by I slowly worked my way around the perimeter again, sneaking in and out of the patches of long grass. Assassinate.
Jump off the wall. Assassinate.
Sleeping chap. Sweet dreams! :evil:
Got spotted once and it was a bit panicky when one guy got away from me but he went to light the beacon. :giggle:
Boom.

Now, after lots more of that stuff, there's only the big bad boss left with his big health bars. And I've got another plan. I'm gonna stand by the ballista, tempt him out from behind that building and shoot until his big health bar isn't so big any more. :aha:
One shot.
Two shots!
And then he chucks some kind of incendiary "grenade" that burns and completely destroys the ballista. :pout:

I didn't have another plan so... Another fight then. :pirate:

I actually thought I'd killed him at this point... :) ...but it was just the end of one of his four health bars. :(
He then skewered me kebab-style and waved me around before smashing me into the ground.
But I still had a few pixels left of my health so I rolled away and ran backwards for a bit to catch my breath, ditching the sword in favour of a big heavy, blunt, cudgel thing.
I hit him. And again. Then ran away a bit and tried to stay on the opposite side of a low fence cos when he's charging he has another rather deadly skewering move if nothing's in the way.
Waited for him to swing instead. Jumped over the fence. Clubbed him again on the back of the head.
Onto his last health bar now and....
NOOOOoooooooo!

He got me. :dead:
This is a hard one. :nope:
Attachments:

09 Jun 2023 23:18 - 09 Jun 2023 23:21 #45812 by Valence
Yep, you've got the right idea there, Senu. Let's just get out of this place now...

All that's left in here is me stood by a tree and a random horse, but that was a tough one. :giveup:
On my next attempt after the previous post I just got randomly killed after the first failed sneaky assassination.
Then on a later try I got to the big baddie and got slaughtered.
Then tried the same slow plan again and almost, almost killed him with the help of an escaped lion. :)
Almost. :cry:
Another poor series of sneaky kills and a failed escape resulted in me respawning in a different place so the next time, instead of sneaking through the secret tunnel past the crocodile, I ended up getting lost and had to go through the front entrance. :dumb:
And that was carnage obviously. So I tried out another plan and attempted to take out the tough guy first... and I killed him! :pirate:

Unfortunately by focusing just on him I allowed every beacon to be lit and, although thankfully the Phylakes were too far away on this occasion, there were still lots and lots and LOTS of reinforcements and any thoughts of being sneaky had long since gone. So it ended up being one loooooong, blood-stained war with Bayek vs... who knows how many? :dunno:
But none of them were the big dead boss. It was long and difficult but it is now done and maybe I can go do some easier, exploring missions for a bit. :)
Attachments:

11 Jun 2023 19:09 - 11 Jun 2023 19:10 #45816 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

EDIT - Age restricted 

11 Jun 2023 19:26 #45817 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
:blink:
Are we too young or too old?
:dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Jun 2023 19:27 #45818 by Banj
... Yes?

11 Jun 2023 19:30 #45819 by Valence
What is it????

Meanwhile I've been playing a bit of Oblivion as I haven't touched it for ages since the invincible Sean Bean dilemma. But I've decided that I will take him to his destination even though it is useful having him kill everyone for me. It's time to let him go and take care of myself. :stare:

Yeah, I'd forgotten how easy it was to get arrested in this. :dry:
I wasn't even wearing the stolen fancy shirt. I was just carrying it.
Anyway... I delivered Sean Bean...

...and then I joined The Blades! :excited:
They even gave me a nice sword and...

Come back! Come back and take something from me. I can't move!!!!! :shakefist:
Attachments:

11 Jun 2023 19:34 #45820 by Banj

What is it????

The trailer for Hellblade II: Senua's Saga. Don't know why they age restricted it, there's nothing in it that would warrant it in my opinion.

11 Jun 2023 19:42 #45821 by Valence
Yeah, I tried to look on Reddit but it was age locked there too.
And it seems like there's a lot of trailers appearing at the moment. There was a new Starfield one that was also age locked and one for Fable which I was allowed to see.
They clearly know I'm an official chicken-chaser. :lol: