April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

30 Apr 2023 23:53 - 30 Apr 2023 23:56 #45407 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Little Ripley has found a gun. :woohoo:
Well, she's found a few guns but for some reason you can't loot the weapons from others, but that doesn't matter now cos she's found one she can pick up and that means I no longer have to wave around the unputdownable flare. :)
However, before that there was some awkward sneaking past four people who all insisted on standing together with their backs to the door I needed to get to. How the hell do you sneak past that? :blink:
Can't you all just wander around for a bit? Please? :dry:

Then the Alien turned up! :argh:
And now I'm frantically trying to solve those door code puzzles while it's creeping around the vents looking for me and the codes are even harder when you have a drifty-stick controller that keeps resetting the symbols half way through solving it. :shakefist:

But now I'm through! I'm safe. Time to relax and...
...keep playing for another 10 minutes until I can find a savepoint. :eyeroll:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2023 11:48 #45413 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Little Ripley has found a gun. :woohoo:

Then the Alien turned up! :argh:

Shoot it  I've seen Aliens, they go down really quickly and easily if you just shoot them with a gun 

01 May 2023 11:55 #45417 by Valence
Scottish man disagrees.
Well, he did when he was alive. :dry:

01 May 2023 15:14 #45422 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
What is the point of tracking mods on the Nexus? I thought I'd receive a notification if they were updated, but it turns out that pretty much every frigging mod I have for subnautica (both the new bepinEx plugins which I downloaded in January and several older mods) have been updated. The bepinEx ones were updated only a week or two after I downloaded them :dry: And no, nobody told me a thing. :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 May 2023 16:53 #45426 by Valence
I've never really thought that much about my Skyrim mods being updated. :dumb:
If they work then I leave them and if they don't they get deleted, either way I end up forgetting about them.
I guess it also makes a difference that I have the old version of the game that is no longer updated too. :shrug:

01 May 2023 18:15 - 01 May 2023 18:17 #45427 by Charlotte
Well, Subnautica mods all became obsolete when they switched from whatever it used to be to BepinEx which it uses now. Though apparently it is now compatible with the old stuff too. Maybe. I don't know :unsure: All I know is when they released the BepinEx mod manager thingy, I cleaned out all my mods, got the new manager and all the extras and some new mods that were already released for BepinEx (back in January) and now I had to redo almost everything.

Also, Epic updates Subnautica whether I want to or not.* Or maybe there's a setting. :dumb: I probably have it set to auto-update. I know I do with all my GOG games, like Skyrim... For which I haven't installed any mods at all yet.

Anyway I am happy to see my fav mod (the one with loads of in game items available for decor) updated, and as usual, annoyed to see it still uses salt to produce plant seeds when they HAVE poop right there! Somewhere. I actually haven't come across the poop makers yet, this round. :dry:

*Edit: Every time Subnautica has been updated in the past, all the mods have broken and had to be updated as well. I think with the new BepinEx thingy this is supposed to no longer be an issue, but I might remember it all wrong. 

02 May 2023 10:16 #45430 by Banj

Also, Epic updates Subnautica whether I want to or not.* Or maybe there's a setting. :dumb: I probably have it set to auto-update. 

You can switch off auto update by clicking the dotty menu and selecting manage. That opens a window where you can disable auto updating. 
Attachments:

02 May 2023 11:01 #45431 by Charlotte
OK, thanks.
But I'm not sure why I'd want to. :dry:

02 May 2023 11:04 #45432 by Banj

02 May 2023 11:07 #45433 by Charlotte
:whistle: