Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

22 Apr 2023 20:22 #45311 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
The Mirror! :excited:

I've been looking for that for ages.
And I just had to fight a surprise Dragon Priest but didn't get a mask. :(
Even so, a surprise Dragon Priest is my favourite Dragon Priest. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2023 20:58 #45312 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Most dragon priests surprise me. :dumb:
and yes there are a couple with no masks... only one with a name and no mask, I think.

But a mirror? Can't recall that one...

Today when I arrived someplace after fast travelling, a dragon skeleton fell from the sky and landed right where I stood. :blink: (And no, I had not killed a dragon in that spot...)

I also googled those resonance crystals and apparently you only need four total, which I already have. So I guess using them - and possibly finding a way to get rid of Mogrul instead of paying him off, which I don't want to do because he's a thug, without ending up in jail for it - is pretty much the only thing I have left to do on Solstheim. I looked up a map and there are a few of places I have either not found or not remembered to actually enter (like mines). So there's those too, I guess. And then I should probably try to clean up the house and sell off all the loot, before I leave...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

22 Apr 2023 21:30 - 22 Apr 2023 23:01 #45313 by Valence

But a mirror? Can't recall that one...

It's one of those skill books that someone wants.
I kinda like the obscure book quests cos they don't give you any help at all but when you do eventually stumble across it while trying to do something else it's very satisfying. :)
I still fondly remember that looooong search for The Egg Of Time in Morrowind which ended with me snatching it off a shelf while running away from a high level orc. :lol:

EDIT: And don't cross the road here, you numpties! :ohmy:

*slams on the brakes*

I'd just hit one of those speedup signs. :dry:
Attachments:

23 Apr 2023 08:30 #45314 by Charlotte
I just remember "Song of the Alchemist" - does that qualify as an obscure book quest (and then there's the mage college ones but you do get "pointers" with those so I'm guessing they don't count)?

I remember googling and finding that there are only 2 copies and neither is for sale so if you want it you need to steal it. But I found a third one on Solstheim, so if one has the DLC the thieving might not be necessary. I don't recall WHERE I found it, though. Might have been apocrypha in which case it might have been a random book, and not a sure thing. :dry:

And no, I'm not explaining what I mean by apocrypha. :paranoid:

23 Apr 2023 15:21 #45315 by Charlotte
CREEEEEEPY :blink:
(all the corpses of my earlier slain enemies are sort of jiggling about, moving their fingers as if they're playing musical instruments or something.... the dance of death? :dry: )

23 Apr 2023 16:34 #45316 by Valence
You should introduce them to the mannequins and let them have a party together. :)

23 Apr 2023 16:54 #45317 by Charlotte
:argh:

23 Apr 2023 19:22 #45318 by Charlotte
I went through the two mines I had "forgotten" (or rather ignored, as I discovered them on my way elsewhere) today, and I now have a total of 7 dibella statues. From Solstheim, that is. I think maybe a bit more variety in sculptures would be good for the cultural development of Skyrim. Or at least Solstheim.

I also manged to get to one of the "hidden peaks", which wasn't really much point. I wouldn't know they existed if I hadn't seen them on an online map and all that happens when you get to them is that you now have them on your own map. You get the usual "so and so discovered" notice. But there's nothing up there except the view. :shrug: Maybe there's an achievement for reaching all of them? Not sure I'll bother. Not sure why anyone bothered climbing up there and discovering that they existed, in the first place.

Oh I also have about 430 lockpicks now. I wonder if I'll ever break all of them? :dumb:

23 Apr 2023 20:31 - 23 Apr 2023 21:45 #45319 by Valence

I wouldn't know they existed if I hadn't seen them on an online map...

I still don't know they exist. :dumb:

And I don't have that many lockpicks,
The last time I looked I had about 180 but I did break a few last night on some Expert doors. :blush:
Yet I got the Master lock first time. :)

I've also now remembered that I was supposed to remember to go back to check out the Atronach Forge the next time I was in that areas and... I forgot. But I remembered now. :dry:
Should I trail all the way back or continue to Windhelm to finish off these current quests? :hmm:
:shrug:

EDIT: And in Death Stranding...

Warning: Spoiler!

24 Apr 2023 09:25 #45320 by Charlotte
You should continue to Windhelm. The forge itself isn't very interesting, in my opinion. The glove... or hand... or whatever, is another matter. But I've no idea what to do with that yet.

Warning: Spoiler!