May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

19 Apr 2023 19:47 #45280 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Meanwhile I'm still failing to get Little Ripley to put away her flare even though she now has a flashlight. :dry:
So I'm currently shining the flashlight (in a flickery, battery-saving way) at a bemused bald Scotsman whilst also waving an unlit flare at him.

Aand now I'm dead for the first time. :dead:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2023 23:10 - 19 Apr 2023 23:11 #45281 by Valence
...and now I'm losing all my stamina trying to do the almost-a-ton big delivery to the Weather Station...

And this is only half of it.
"Drink something," Sam tells himself, but I've already drunk it all! At least the weather was OK...
...on the first trip. :eyeroll:
On the second run I kept getting updates about how my truck was deteriorating because I'd left it on top of the safe house instead of in the garage. :facepalm:
I was so obsessed by the truck damage I didn't notice the damage it was doing to my Power Skeleton and that ended up breaking completely as I was doing a return delivery resulting in me doing the super, super slow walk/creep as I tried to get back to the truck...

At least this one wasn't a timed delivery. :dry:
Attachments:

20 Apr 2023 06:46 #45282 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Gee you make that game seem like so much fun. :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

20 Apr 2023 14:26 #45285 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
It is a lot of fun apart from when that exhaustion happens and you are kind of stuffed. I only experienced it once, but that was enough.

20 Apr 2023 19:15 #45292 by Valence
Just had another go at fiddling with those memory upgrades in a more systematic way.
I took all the old DIMMs out and just put one of the new ones in.
And it worked! :cheer:

I then swapped that one out for the other new one and...

Bios Beeps! :argh

But this definitely means that they're the right ones but one of them is faulty. :aha:
So... I put the "good" new one back in and also replaced three of the old ones and... that worked too.
Some quick maths (and system settings) tells me that I now have 14GB, which isn't 16 or the possible 20 that I could have had but it's surely an improvement.
But on the downside my four slots are now 8+2+2+2 which means it's only single channel mode (or maybe flex mode, I'll have to read the manual again) so I'm not sure if any improvement will be cancelled out by that. :hmm:

20 Apr 2023 19:52 #45295 by Charlotte
I have no idea what single channel mode for dimms mean, but shouldn't you be able to get the faulty one replaced by a new one for free?

20 Apr 2023 21:14 #45298 by Valence
Ideally yes, but buying this kind of stuff online doesn't always work that way and sometimes it costs more to send stuff back than it does to get another one and that's if I can be bothered to do that. :lol:
I shall look into it but the important thing is that I've got something that's still working for the moment. :)

21 Apr 2023 22:21 #45307 by Charlotte
I found a Stahlrim bow and when improved it does a whole 71 damage (my glass bows do 59) :woohoo:

I enchanted it with fire damage.

Then I realised I have both items and potions that should make enchantments stronger.

:pout:

Then there was a loading screen with the helpful information that FROST damage is increased if you use it to enchant Stahlrim weapons.

:stare:

Maybe I'll find another Stahlrim bow? :dry:

21 Apr 2023 22:35 #45308 by Valence
Seventy One?! :ohmy:

My Ebony Bow only does... Well, see for yourself...

But I do tend to just bash with my two-handed skill instead. :lol:
Attachments:

22 Apr 2023 08:13 - 22 Apr 2023 08:15 #45309 by Charlotte
Well, I'm a coward, I try to take out as many enemies as I can, hidden in the distance...
Yesterday I found a cave full of rieklings, praying to a snow horse (don't ask me why) - and I killed them all. Well, Lydia did help a bit... :dry: Anyway I didn't feel particularly good about sneaking up on them while they were praying, but I figured they weren't gonna stop any time soon, either, so... :shrug:

Edit: And I tend to always enhance my weapons and armour before enchanting them. Though that can't be done when you find them already enchanted, of course. Which goes for my entire current set of armour...