May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

24 Apr 2023 10:44 #45321 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

Warning: Spoiler!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2023 11:01 #45322 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Apr 2023 19:52 #45339 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
OK, Mama, you've made these Sticky Gun things sound pretty cool so maybe I WILL try them out during this next mission instead of using my usual tactics. :thumbup:

*5 minutes later*

I've successfully fired the sticky gun from my hiding place and now I'm in the middle of the MULE camp cowering in a very, very small patch of tall grass that's completely surrounded by about fifteen baddies and they ALL know that I'm in here and they're just patiently waiting for me to pop my stupid otter head up so that they can beat me into unconsciousness.
Never mind. I needed a sleep anyway. :zzz:

25 Apr 2023 23:39 - 26 Apr 2023 00:26 #45347 by Valence
I accidentally took on a delivery for the Elder tonight ("I'm not dead yet!") even though I wasn't planning to go that way. I should watch what I'm clicking more carefully. No matter, if I complete that I should be up to 50 Legend Premium Deliveries now. :cheer:
Off up the hill then, and look, I've got company for the climb. :)

I said hello, I waved, I said "Mine's heavier." I liked him, he liked me and I liked his like, etc.
And then they stopped and waved their cargo at me at a rather awkward point...

Yes, I know you're carrying stuff. I'm carrying stuff. We're ALL carrying stuff.
(That is the format of the game after all. :confident:)
But this path that I've made is surprisingly narrow over this ridge so can you stop doing this Morrowind-style blocking and get out of the way? :dry:

I only later realised that they were offering me their cargo in case I needed it. :oops:
I hereby retract all the swearing I did at him.

Anyway after that I went back to the city to do a half ton truck delivery and was shocked to see the MULEs encroaching closer to the roadside. :argh:

Swerve successful, now accelerate! :stare:

But they chased after me and javelined my truck with their shocky sticks. :ohmy:

It really was like that bit in Game Of Thrones where the Night King takes down the dragon from miles away. :lol:

So I'm stood there with my half empty Bola gun as they all come running from all directions. I shot two of them and then finally the stun shocks wore off and I got back into the truck. I managed to jump it down from where it was stuck and then did a bit of cross-country rallying through that little river by the Engineer to get back on the road and then...
They hit it again with another stick! :cry:
So I'm out there again with my ammo-diminishing Bola gun waiting for them to close in.
Come on! :pirate:
Not from my cold, dead hands will you take this half ton of ...erm... tar stuff that I'm carrying! :stare:

Picked off a few more of them whilst sidestepping their spears and then, with only two shots left, the shocks wore off and the truck was drivable once more so I left them unconscious in my tyre tracks.
Phew.
That ... was a close one. :S

Anyway, after all that excitement I went into my room for a sleep before taking on the next main story bit. And erm... I just have this feeling. This very bad feeling. :paranoid:
It just feels like... something ....is coming. :hmm:
*packs extra grenades*
Attachments:

26 Apr 2023 13:38 #45348 by Banj

was shocked to see the MULEs encroaching closer to the roadside. :argh:

Literally 

26 Apr 2023 23:23 #45353 by Valence

Anyway, after all that excitement I went into my room for a sleep before taking on the next main story bit. And erm... I just have this feeling. This very bad feeling. :paranoid:
It just feels like... something ....is coming. :hmm:

Like... another 30 minute cut scene. :lol:
But... 🎵 "Without yooooooou" :)
And I unlocked the other one I missed but it's not the same as triggering it during gameplay. It's all about that experience at that moment and I guess I'm not gonna get that one now. :shrug:

27 Apr 2023 08:40 #45355 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
It's a game Val. They're not real guns. :confident:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Apr 2023 11:15 #45356 by Valence
Well it's certainly not real life because Mads Mikkelsen started doing some very weird stuff after that. :blink:

*goes back for the guns*

27 Apr 2023 12:25 #45357 by Banj
BB... Where are you?

27 Apr 2023 14:46 #45361 by Valence
:paranoid: