April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

07 Feb 2023 12:50 #44334 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
According to Google they can all respawn after just a terminal interaction, even if you beat the gloopy miniboss.
I guess the days of peaceful strolling around are over. :dry:

*goes to the toilet to prepare*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Feb 2023 13:35 #44335 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
The BTs were still there in the rocky hilly area when I went back to whatever the place is called that I went back to, and they were there again when I returned that way to continue on with the main storyline. I suffered my worst rating for an order so far and my current pending order is going to be pretty terrible as I was forced to backtrack all the way to the start of this new area as I was in desperate need of sleep and recovery. Distance outside fastest route: 200x 

07 Feb 2023 14:23 #44336 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
All this talk of orders makes me want to order pizza. Then again, I had (gluten-free) pizza this weekend and it wasn't... great... :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

07 Feb 2023 20:50 #44340 by Banj
Now look what you've done. 

Attachments:

07 Feb 2023 21:55 #44341 by Valence
Make sure it has extra gloop on top.

07 Feb 2023 22:03 #44342 by Banj
I made sure it was entirely made of Gluten 

07 Feb 2023 23:42 - 08 Feb 2023 00:45 #44343 by Valence
Yay, I managed to return with the bike through that rocky area. :rock:
It was still a bit tricky but I forced myself to be patient despite the naughty bad rain trying its best to ruin all my equipment, and I got through by using just a couple of my weapons and without invoking gloopiness or a voidout.
I dumped my bike in for repair at the Distribution Centre along with some cargo for the Wind Farm and set off on foot to deliver some stuff to that other guy. It's not a long trip so I don't need to stock up on weapons and things, I'll just have a quick dash over there and-
Naughty rain?
Alarm?
Flappy fingers on the scanner?
They're gonna be everywhere now, aren't they?
And what the hell are those big stompy things? :blink:
I hope I have enough of these chucking fluids left. :dry:

And I did. :)
But why does MY rope always end up being on the top ledge instead of dangling down where it's useful? :shakefist:

I'm now wondering if I've put it in the wrong position... again.
Maybe it should be further away from the edge?
Or closer to the edge?
:shrug:

Other people must be frustrated with it cos it only has one Like (and I bet that was ironic.) At least my sign pointing to it is doing better. Even though it's really pointing to the place where the rope should be... waaay down there. :S

EDIT:
And why are you looking at me so angrily, Elisif?
It's not like I've stormed into your palace after midnight with two friends, a bard and a dog, just to get you out of bed so that you can listen to an awkward poem. :dry:

And I have to say, Viarmo's walking pace is strangely variable.
Usually NPCs are either too slow, too fast, or very occasionally just right, but on that rather short stroll to the palace he managed to be all of the above at some point.
And these doors aren't big enough for five of us. :stare:
Attachments:

08 Feb 2023 07:07 #44344 by Charlotte
From what I recall, his pace at reciting the poem was kind of variable as well...

08 Feb 2023 21:38 #44348 by Valence
Rope was in the wrong place again.
I've decided it's my fault so I dismantled it and planted a new anchor further away from the edge. I then climbed down and only released the rope when I reached my sign. Let's see where it ends up next time. :paranoid:
I then went off to find the musician as I haven't visited him yet. From the map I initially thought that you got to him from the Port City side so I'd left him until later but I was obviously wrong, so now is the time. And he's hard to get to. :(
Much climbing and stumbling and climbing back cos that route was wrong etc. Then, whilst half way up a steep rocky ledge I start getting flashing warnings about the terrible condition of my boots. But that's OK, I always carry an extra pair because...

And after googling I think I do need to carry those extra boots after all. :dry:
​​​​​

Right, where are they?
:facepalm:
Did I lose them in the gloop?
Did I ditch them to carry more grenades?
Did I do lots of silly things?
Maybe.
Oh, dear.

Anyway, in Skyrim I have now purchased Proudspire Manor and as a result I am rather poor again with only 30K gold. :cry:
But it looks nice on the inside. And it has an upstairs floor AND a basement floor. :woohoo:

09 Feb 2023 16:20 #44353 by Charlotte
I guess I should talk to whatshisname and see if Proudspire is for sale, though people usually talk about it casually in the street if it is... :dry: 

Meanwhile, since I can't seem to make any small additions to my Windstad/Hjaalmarsh home, I decided to add a tower. :stare:
It doesn't really offer much living space and I suspect it's rather cold but if I could only find a matching door, it shouldn't be too bad. (Unfortunately none of the working doors I have identified so far, fit.) Maybe I can put flappy banners in front of the windows :hmm: 

And while I'm at it, I might as well post an image of that bust you can't find because of it being a separate thingy:

Attachments: