April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

10 Feb 2023 21:59 #44369 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Well, I''m not a thane yet so I have no Jordis (which kind of means "Earthy" as in Earthling, but a bit more sloppy, or well... maybe more "a dirty", if you're a gardener...) - it really should be spelled Hjördis. In my opinion, at least.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2023 14:34 #44370 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
In Death Stranding I have returned to the previous area and I am now in the process of covering the countryside in structures that play Pop Virus all day long 

11 Feb 2023 14:41 #44371 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
I wish you all the gloop in the world. :stare:

If I ever find one of your ropes hanging down a cliff I'll leave it at the top of the ledge.

11 Feb 2023 15:07 #44372 by Banj
 I'm not actually doing that at all. I don't even know how you get the things to play tunes, or maybe I haven't upgraded things far enough yet  Strangely I find that area more difficult to get around than the next area of countryside, it seems to be far more infested with BTs and crappy landscape. I did have a timed delivery that was a long journey with two sets of BTs and a boss fight as well as navigating mountains on my reverse trike (whoever the idiot is that decided fitting road tyres to a primarily off road vehicle should probably be gooped  ). I'm going to run out of blood with all the grenades I keep lobbing around 

11 Feb 2023 15:46 #44374 by Valence
I thought the first area was barely infested at all until the weapons test. It was only after that that they seemed to spawn all over the place. Before that there was just a fleeting appearance of them at the wind farm and the incinerator.
The trickiest location for me so far is still the musician. It was so frustrating being able to see it across that cove and still not being able to get there. But I enjoyed the struggle. :)
I like the way the landscape is designed, it makes a nice change that the falls and climbs are convincingly threatening and dangerous, and despite being an open world it still manages to funnel you towards some incredibly cinematic sequences.
I just have a couple of things I need to explore and investigate in this area and then I'll be going back to the Port to go to the new place.

11 Feb 2023 16:19 #44376 by Banj
Nick Easton just sent me an email telling me he likes Pop Virus 

11 Feb 2023 16:21 #44377 by Valence
I'm ahead of you again? :hmm:

11 Feb 2023 17:35 #44379 by Charlotte
:dumb: Bacon-Tomatoes?

There's no bacon in Skyrim :(

But I have now also purchased and furnished Vlindrel Place in Markarth. I'm quite happy to find (although I kind of knew, but forgot) that it wasn't the abandoned house. Anyway, once again, I seem to have two kitchens, two dining tables, multiple random chairs to just sit and drink alone, as well as one bed for me and one for the housecarl. Why is it with all the space in the houses they never make room for the one follower you're likely to have? Or just guests. I wouldn't mind a guest room. But no, I'd have to get a kids room. And no.... I can't remember if it's alchemy or enchanting one has to give up for the kids. I'm not getting any kids :stare:

Anyway, once again there's plenty I feel I want to change up. And I'll try to find some room for an extra cot, I guess. But I do like the planters in the entryway :)

11 Feb 2023 17:59 #44380 by Valence
I thought it was gonna be the Abandoned House too. :dumb:
I like the inside of Vlindrel Hall, I just always get a bit lost finding my way there and usually end up at the guard tower.

I think I'll be travelling home tonight as I need to do some enchanting to try and get some money back. May have a go at making some jewellery too as that can give you a bit of profit. :hmm:

11 Feb 2023 21:02 #44383 by Charlotte
I read the markarth decorating guide and they refer to the bedroom opposite your own as a guestroom. Not sure how that works with the wood chopping block and silverware polishing that goes on in there... Feels like the housecarl's room to me. So I added an extra bed in the enchanting room, while also replacing the skull piles with something slightly nicer. 

And once again, I'll need to find the door codes. What's with the Skyrim people having doors everywhere except to their bedrooms? (Well, they store an awful lot of stuff in chests and barrels and even strongboxes outside the locked doors, too... I guess they're a bit odd that way.)

Attachments: