April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

11 Feb 2023 22:28 #44385 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Did I give you the Markarth door codes before on a screenshot?
Can't remember. :dumb:

I had a bit of a reverse shopping spree around all the weapons merchants in Whiterun. I'm a literal Sellsword at the moment. :lol:
I got rid of quite a few of my enchanted creations, not the really good stuff cos no-one can afford that, but I managed to get seven grand back. :)
And then my kid approached me and asked for some gold. :eyeroll:

I then did a bit of exploring around the Capital in Death Stranding and successfully found what I suspected was there. ;)
I also had the idea of trying to clear out the Incinerator to peacefully explore that region but there are sooo many of those nasty things there. I went through my entire stock of grenades and still ended up surrounded so I retreated and restocked with even more this time and even then I couldn't get rid of them all safely.
So enough of that idea. :giveup:
Time to take on some orders that will lead me back to the Port where I can progress further into new areas. :pirate:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2023 22:29 - 11 Feb 2023 22:34 #44386 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
*Note to self: Never just move things from one place to another. Always pick them up, drop them down, save, leave the house, make sure there's a load screen when leaving or returning, THEN you can place the items.*
:shakefist:

Edit: I can't really remember either. But I think I got the door codes for hearthfire homes only. Or at least they were wooden doors, not those big goldenish ones. I looked at the screenshots I saved and none of those were doors, I think maybe you only posted in text... Anyway I'm not sure if the Markarth doors come in more than one size but the doorways to the bedrooms are smaller (not as tall but probably just as wide) as the other doors. Maybe that's why they were left out? :hmm: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Feb 2023 22:55 - 11 Feb 2023 23:53 #44387 by Valence
Just looked in the Creation Kit and Markarth doesn't seem to have any unique interior doors so it must just use the same assets everything else uses.
It's quite difficult to capture the doors in a usable screenshot because searching produces a list of all kinds of other things that you're not looking for (exterior doors, secret doors, grates, doors with arched tops, one-sided doors for loading areas, etc.)
I do now remember just giving you the codes for those double doors in  a couple of posts.  

EDIT: Most of those are Whiterun doors as Hearthfire just seems to use the default assets apart from the house framework kit. I just had a look in the game console and the other double doors in the Markarth house are all 00064091 and I've just tried it and it fits the hole to the bedroom nicely. :)

12 Feb 2023 10:21 #44391 by Charlotte
Thank you
I'm guessing Markarth uses Dwemer doors? Maybe that's why they're not specific to Markarth...

12 Feb 2023 13:04 #44393 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

I'm ahead of you again? :hmm:

Certainly in the Knot City area as you hung around there for longer doing jobs when I went off and continued the storyline into the next section. 

12 Feb 2023 18:32 #44399 by Charlotte

I just had a look in the game console and the other double doors in the Markarth house are all 00064091 and I've just tried it and it fits the hole to the bedroom nicely. :)

Hate to say it Val, but I just tried them and nope they didn't fit "nicely" :dry: They are the big ones used in all the other doors but the bedrooms have "raised floors" to them, so the frames are smaller. I had to scale them down to 0.96 and hide the bottom of them in the floors, but now, nobody can tell. I hope. At least not Mr Bulwark... 

12 Feb 2023 20:09 #44400 by Valence
:ohmy: The height!
I didn't look up there. I was too worried about the width. :lol:

12 Feb 2023 20:18 #44401 by Valence
...I've just found that specific one in the Creation Kit and it's listed under the Dungeons/Dwemer subfolder. There are some named variations but they all look identical and they don't vary in size. :(

12 Feb 2023 21:03 #44402 by Charlotte
Well, they have that kind of pattern where there's like a border at the bottom and I hid the entire border in the floor, so you can't really tell that the doors are "cut off" at the bottom :)

And I've been visiting Ulfric's Palace today and I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a tour of all the towns and list the things I want the codes for. I rather like the blue banners at Ulfrics, though I don't care for the bigger ones with the baby blue polar bears... But I figure I might as well save up most of the codes, in case I ever change my mind about what I like, in the future...

Anyway I did notice they have hanging things with fires in them, in Markarth. I'm guessing the fires might be their own separate item, as usual, which would be fine because then those things would make nice hanging planters :D

I also feel like I spent most of my time today redoing what I have already done, since for some reason saving and reloading the game isn't enough for things to "settle" after you've picked them up and dropped them again, or resized them. For some reason you have to leave the house and make sure it shows a loading screen, too... I'm not sur why reloading the entire game isn't enough. :dry:

But I did take the time to kill Fangtusk (I think that's fishing dlc related) and explore a nearby ship wreck. And before that I killed a dragon, that I saw coming from far away. It was an annoying one, attacking various targets over a huge area and having me run back and forth like a lunatic to get within shooting range. It killed at least one horker, one sabre cat, one snow bear, two snow foxes and one ice wolf. A frost troll showed up as well, but by then the dragon was dead and we had to kill the troll ourselves.

12 Feb 2023 22:15 - 12 Feb 2023 22:46 #44403 by Valence
Look! :excited:
Here's my old sign. And right next to it is my new ro-
Wait, where's my rope?

Where's my rope?
WHERE'S MY ROPE?? :rage:
I made sure that this one was thrown over the edge when I planted it. I left it right there. And other people have used this one. It has five likes. Five Likes! And still it's somehow back at the top every time I come here. :pout:

Oh, well.
I've just done loads of combo deliveries back and forth to maximise my delivering time and efficiency (and fought off a handful of nasties) and I'm now at the Distribution Centre ready to set off to the Port again.
I'll stock up on grenades. :dry:

And here are all the banner entries in the Creation Kit...

The first two columns are from the Moveable Static collection and the third set is just normal Statics. The higher numbers seem to relate to the strength of the wind that's flapping them about. Also I remember when I was messing about with the banners it was initially confusing because when I spawned them in the console it's the top edge that is the anchor point that goes at your feet, so it's easy to think that nothing has appeared because it hangs down into the floor and isn't initially visible. :confident:

EDIT: OK, I've just had a run around Markarth trying to find what you meant.
First of all I found this big urn/pot 000ACE9E which I know you didn't mean cos it isn't hanging. :)
Then I found two big hanging metal things 00030AD2 and 0006B36A but neither of these have fire.
And after running around a bit more I think you meant these outside things... 00100D1E and the extra fire inside is 00033DA9
But be warned, there is a bit of rock attached to the top of the hanging bit. :stare:
Attachments: