April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

28 Jan 2023 16:46 #44182 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
After making myself a library I went off to find the way to a place on my quest list but failed and cleared out some forsworn instead. Then I went home and decided I really do want bedroom doors (why would they not have doors to the bedrooms??? Isn't it enough that the walls don't go all the way to the ceiling :stare: ). Anyway, there are at least 200 doors, not counting trap doors, and after trying about 50 or so I give up. The ones that seemed to belong to the hearthfire addition were all (but one) listed as trap doors.

But, if you do visit your hearthfire home(s) anytime soon, Val, I wouldn't mind the code for the interior doors - the ones that open all the way, don't load a new area, and have two solid sides to them. :dry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jan 2023 17:12 #44183 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Those poor foresworn 

28 Jan 2023 17:14 #44184 by Charlotte
:dry:
Those poor forsworn kill innocent farmers :stare:
AND they're in cahoots with hagravens. :shakefist:

28 Jan 2023 18:00 #44185 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
The Reach is not theirs if I say so. :stare:

I also remember some double doors to a bedroom in the Blue Palace. I'll check that out too before fast travelling to Lakeview later on. :)

28 Jan 2023 19:10 #44187 by Valence
That double door in the Blue Palace is 000CC164 but that actually fits a wider hole.

The ones that are already in my Lakeview house are 00094192 and I successfully managed to fit one in a bedroom doorway and it worked fine. :)

I'll go have a look in the creation kit to see if I can learn more about the sizes.

28 Jan 2023 19:28 #44188 by Valence
And here are three more...

0009418F
000A56FF

There are indeed lots of doors but quite a few of them are just one sided, obviously for the loading areas, and there are some that are listed as clutter which must be non-functional.

28 Jan 2023 19:47 #44189 by Charlotte
Might be doors that have been "knocked down" in ruins and such, maybe...
Thanks for the codes. Regarding the size anything can be resized but the proportions need to be right, anyway.

I'm currently busy killing some peeps who kill werewolves. Feels like we could be on the same side, here, but they're very hostile. :shrug: Suit yourselves, then. And DIE :evil:

28 Jan 2023 19:59 #44190 by Valence
I did try to have a look at filling in those ceilings for you but after a failed experiment, more creation kit research and a quick look at  a youtube tutorial  it seems like a lot of the interior modules are much bigger than I thought.
I imagined that the floor/ceiling would just be a square that you'd repeat across the house like lego. :dumb:

28 Jan 2023 20:29 #44191 by Charlotte
Yeah, I think they basically make rooms. So for hearthfire there is the foundations, the floors, the support beams for each room, the walls and the roof/ceiling. The hearthfire ones caan be found when using the help command in the console, but I've found some others too, while experimenting. And whole houses. I have to shrink them down to see what they are and they look like doll houses :P I considered having a small mini-village in one of my rooms, but it seems all rooms became claimed for other stuff...

and also... lycanthropy seems very widespread in Skyrim :dry:

28 Jan 2023 21:36 #44192 by Charlotte
Thanks for the door codes. I tried all of them but the first were certainly the best suited (visually) indoors.

Both bedrooms now have doors at both ends :)
(One of the beds in the double bedroom clips into the open door a little, but you kind of have to look for it to see it so I'm going to accept that. I can't shrink or move the bed anyway, since it's one of the few pieces of furniture I have used that's supposed to be there...)