April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

28 Jan 2023 22:12 #44193 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
If you rotate the door 180 on the z axis they'll open the other way.
Or is there another thing on that side that clips as well? :dumb:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jan 2023 00:07 #44194 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

And is that the spooky horse you can summon?

I now know the answer to that question is no because I just obtained the one that you can 

29 Jan 2023 09:44 #44196 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Thanks Val :D, but yeah - there are shelves on the other side. It doesn't clip but it does look a bit crowded. And the shelves are also part of the original furnishings I decided to keep, so. Well, actually I started on the main bedroom side and it looked so much better with the doors opening inwards and then I wanted to do it the same way on the other side. Perhaps if I had started on the other side I'd have made the opposite decision :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Jan 2023 14:26 #44197 by Charlotte
Today the second nymph was also gone, but I could hear it when standing on the stairs. So I turned collision off and found both of them hiding under the house... :dry:
Except not in the basement as it's not actually under the house...

29 Jan 2023 19:28 #44200 by Charlotte
Hmm... There's a locked door I couldn't find the key for so I googled and all it says it's in someone's inventory. So I guess I have to pick pocket them then?
*tries pickpocketing for the first time*
*is detected and killed immediately*
*Lydia doesn't lift a finger - until she's attacked too (after my death)*

I guess I'll leave that door... the room doesn't seem to contain much. Not that the online info is ever completely accurate. :unsure:

29 Jan 2023 20:18 #44201 by Valence
Stop googling things you haven't done yet. :shakefist:

Anyway let's see if I feel it's safe enough to play GTA yet.

erm... *googles* ;)

They STILL haven't patched the problem. :eyeroll:
Oh, well. I'll do a bit of WatchDogs then. :shrug:

29 Jan 2023 21:23 #44202 by Charlotte
Why oh why do I keep trying to get all the items in order when I also keep picking up the bowl they're in or knocking them over and the later it gets the more tired I am and the more mistakes I make and I should have quit ages ago (well, 30 minutes maybe) and I didn't. I was just going to deliver those items someone needed and then quit and go to bed :aha: but then they go "You need to take part in this now" and start walking off, expecting me to tag along! :ohmy:
*quickly saves and quits*
:paranoid:

29 Jan 2023 21:27 #44203 by Charlotte
But I have to google! Otherwise I'd have killed that woman and missed out on her quest! Well... I mean, I DID kill her. And then I googled and reloaded and talked to her instead :blush:
And I wouldn't have known to pick pocket her for the key either. Though obviously I gave that up. I might still be running around those ruins trying to find a key that wasn't there :dry:

But now I can get to bed at a fairly decent hour :aha:

29 Jan 2023 21:54 - 30 Jan 2023 00:13 #44204 by Valence
You need that Thieves' Guild pickpocketing outfit. :)

And whether it's GTA or WatchDogs or whatever, my driving and parking always seems to be the same...

And moments after this the damn thing blew up!
And then somebody called the police. :ohmy:
But I've only just escaped from them!
And now I don't have a car! :pout:

EDIT: And in Death Stranding...
Aaargh! They're not unconscious any more. :argh:
Was riding back to the windfarm with some goodies and all my cargo got pinged on the scanner and then this guy with the glowing headgear was next to the path waiting for me...

He tried to get me with his zapping pole but I was too quick with the swerve and cranked that accelerator until I was out of his range. Phew.
Lucky I was on the bike really, seeing as I was considering doing this one on foot for the sake of exploring. :unsure:
And forget what I previously said about getting on with that big order with the long journey. I'm continuing with standard deliveries which will take me closer to the place I'd like to investigate. Of course I could have done it while doing the other order but it would have taken me a long way off the route and you do get graded on the length of the path you take. So, not yet for that job. :stare:
But I did take on another set of deliveries from the windfarm and only after picking them all up did I realise that it was more than I could handle and I was over-encumbered. And I mean PROPERLY over-encumbered. Sam was groaning and straining and hunched over and struggling to take one step every couple of seconds and when the wind blows a certain way he can't even turn around to face the direction I need to go.
And... there's a time limit for this urgent delivery. :dry:
Uh-oh. This isn't gonna work. :nope:
Then I realised it's a bit like one of those little puzzles where you have to take things across a river in a certain order.  :)
So for the past half hour I've been shuttling back and forth between various postboxes gradually and systematically shifting this collection of heavy cargo around and up the big climb with the excellent rope (which I Liked again) to where I can load the bike.
And I got back with several minutes to spare. :thumbup:

I still have to double back to retrieve some less urgent cargo that I deposited at another postbox but once that's done I'll be able to go exploring for that other place. :aha:
Attachments:

30 Jan 2023 09:39 - 30 Jan 2023 09:39 #44205 by Charlotte
The more I read about this game the less I understand why anyone would play it. Or even make it. It really is like Amazon deliveries. What was the name again? UPS? :dumb: