March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

02 Feb 2023 20:38 #44247 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming

Lydia goes "Hey, look, a cave! I wonder what's inside?"
:facepalm:

Nothing is inside.
You're now carrying it all for me. :lol:

Played a bit of Need For Speed last night and was slightly hindered by the wait while the Origin launcher was replaced by the new EA App! :eyeroll:
A minor frustration but nothing to get too annoyed by.

Now to today and I just turn on my PC moments ago and the EA App is instantly there wanting me to log in before I've even decided to play anything. :rage:
*launches app*
*logs in*
*goes into settings*
"Launch app on startup?"
NO!
:stare:

Oh, and Epic's giving away another Dishonoured game.
Can't see any GTA update happening. :hmm:
Maybe it happened in the background while I was claiming my freebies. :shrug:
Doesn't matter. I wont play it until the weekend anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2023 20:55 #44248 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
Lydia is hardly carrying anything :stare:
Today we fast travelled to a place I hoped would be near but at a safe distance from a forsworn camp I've previously cleared. Unfortunately that wasn't the case at all, so we had to take all of them out. Stashed all the loot in one of those safe chests fairly nearby. Then went to where I actually planned on going, which turned out to be swarming with more forsworn (20, judging by the count of boots in my inventory later). Well, first there were only a couple and I dropped their gear next to where I had to leave the horse. Then we went in, guns blazing, so to speak... And at the end of it, Lydia was carrying what she could, I was carrying what I could and I still had loot to pick up in three chests along the route I had taken, plus the gear by the horse :dry:

And once I had dropped all that off at home, I went to another place, with bandits this time, and I kept having to stuff loot in a chest there too. Well, one bag and one chest. So far.
I could probably carry more if I settled on one weapon instead of three, though :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Feb 2023 21:24 #44249 by Valence
Speaking of dropped loot, in Death Stranding I rode back on that path where I'd previously encountered the attacking jousty pole guy. I wasn't worried this time cos I had left them all unconscious in the camp after that return fight, but as I steered past the rock I saw loads of cargo that all belonged to the same person.
Clearly someone had got caught out there and been zapped and left all their goods behind to run off and escape. :lol:
They should have been on the bike. :aha:

I left it there to give them the chance to come and pick it up themselves but if it's still there next time I'll deliver it for them. :)

03 Feb 2023 19:36 - 03 Feb 2023 19:42 #44258 by Charlotte
Is there no end to Minzhaleft? However they spell it. :stare:
I'm alone, I'm over encumbered, I don't want to have to go back for loot and it just goes on and on and on....

Edit: I just took a look at the map and I'm like halfway across Skyrim! :ohmy: 

03 Feb 2023 19:50 #44260 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Maybe try going Minzharight instead? 

03 Feb 2023 19:57 #44261 by Valence
Mzinchaleft! :stare:

03 Feb 2023 20:25 - 03 Feb 2023 20:30 #44262 by Charlotte
Well, I am having to google how to get out. At least I can tell from google's suggestions that I'm not the only one to ask... :dumb:

Edit: And the answer is "Open it from inside Blackreach" Well, duh, I am inside I just need to know where the blasted lever is to open the gate so I can get at that other lever! :stare: Unless I'm trying to get out through one of the gates that can only be opened from outside. :dry: It's a bit hard to tell, but the map DOES say that it's the exit. It's also the only exit the map shows/arrow pointers direct me to. :pout: 

03 Feb 2023 20:41 - 03 Feb 2023 20:45 #44263 by Banj
Is this the place where you defeat *A sorceress woman and release the two ghosts at the end?

*edited

03 Feb 2023 20:50 #44264 by Valence
:ohmy:
You're in Blackreach? :ohmy:

That does indeed cover most of the map. :aha:
I can't get in there yet. :(

But I have started that next story Order in Death Stranding.
And I've got some more body fluid weapons that are better than the pee ones. I haven't even tried the pee ones yet. :dry:
But I get to try these ones out now. :excited:
(SPOILER)
:cheer:

Now where do I go?
Oh, there's more.
(SPOILER)
:cheer:

Do I have to keep doing this? I'm not sure I have enough weapons to do all of that.
Maybe if I get to the bike I can ride past. :)
(SPOILER)
Er, no. That was a bad idea. Maybe I can-
(SPOILER)

WHAT THE HELL??

(SPOILER)

:blink: :ohmy:
*looks behind me*

WHAT THE-

Hmm.
Back to my previous save, I think. :dry:
But seriously. What the hell? That was crazy! But in a good way. :)

03 Feb 2023 20:53 #44265 by Banj

Edit: And the answer is "Open it from inside Blackreach" Well, duh, I am inside I just need to know where the blasted lever is to open the gate so I can get at that other lever! :stare: Unless I'm trying to get out through one of the gates that can only be opened from outside. :dry: It's a bit hard to tell, but the map DOES say that it's the exit. It's also the only exit the map shows/arrow pointers direct me to. :pout: 

Wait a minute... are you in the Dwemer ruin with a series of lever operated gates? If so, there's a valve you turn which opens the last gate, if you aren't close enough it doesn't show the prompt to operate it.