March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Gaming

05 Feb 2023 16:30 - 05 Feb 2023 16:34 #44303 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
I'll check out the statue codes :)
Most of the statues I've seen in game have been blood splattered and I'm not sure if that is added on or if statues have multiple versions. The grey wolf bust can be found through the help thing but since it's a quest item I prefer to find it the right way. (and I did try it and it looks like it was made from the actual head of the character, rather than stone, so it's a bit on the icky side...)

I do have a golden dibella statue, in spite of not having found the same cave where I found one first time around... But for my "fancy foyer" I'd prefer something grey, think. :)

Edit: I also finally got around to stealing that book for that woman to get my 3/3 help the people of that place thingy, but it didn't even count! :pout: I feel like I sold my soul to the devil for nothing. 

Edit2: I looked up how to help people and some ways are so easy they never even occurred to me :dumb:
But bringing that book to that person IS listed :stare: 

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2023 20:06 #44304 by Charlotte
Haven't checked out the statues yet. I bought the Hjaalmarsh house and built the small cabin, and furnished it with all the default things. Not sure I care for it that way, I'll probably end up changing some stuff. But I intend to at least keep it small. I think. I mean, I got another housecarl and figured I could make him steward of the place (if I can find him again) but then he'd need a place to nap, wouldn't he? And Lydia really should have a bed too. And they're not getting mine :stare:

But I have to stop thinking about all that and make sure I get to bed at a reasonable hour since it's a workday again tomorrow. *yawn*

(This morning, when my cats kept me awake between 6 and 8 am, I designed a huge Skyrim orphanage, in my head... so maybe I don't need to leave it alone until next time, maybe I can just design it all in my head :dry: )

05 Feb 2023 20:24 - 05 Feb 2023 23:29 #44305 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
All the statues work. I've just tried them. The third one is a bit big and the last one is massive so you'll have to scale that one down a lot.
Only the first one of the Grey Fox codes worked for me. :shrug:

I don't have the fishing spots so I obviously couldn't find that and did you mean the catacombs when you said sewers?
Either way, I've yet to see any bust on a stone in my game but I'll keep an eye out on my travels.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot. Some of the other statues (not the ones from the previous post) came up in the search as Load Screen Items. And there are quite a lot of interesting things in that list including dragon models but all of these have no collision to them. :stare:

Attachments:

05 Feb 2023 20:51 - 05 Feb 2023 21:35 #44306 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

:S
Which order is that? (in a non-spoilery way)

It was the Waystation West of Capital Knot City, and I have sorted it out now. It was possibly down to the atrocious UI causing confusion over what is actually selected and not selected and having to select the same thing a dozen times to actually get anything done   Later interface atrocities include having bride terminals use a completely different button to interact with them from every other terminal I have encountered so far for absolutely no reason whatsoever   Despite the horrendous UI silliness I am enjoying the rest of the game and have progressed beyond some weather thingy (I suspect that I am not remotely ahead of you at all, especially as you have a vehicle... but I might be about to acquire one in a second) (EDIT: the weather thingy was the wind farm).

Meanwhile myself and Cletus (who got scared and needed to download some windows updates or something to sort his poor little noggin out) have discovered the terror of running downhill with large amounts of stuff attached to your back.

EDIT: And dear god game, stop backseating and telling me what I could do when I am already on my way to do it 
Attachments:

05 Feb 2023 21:47 #44307 by Valence
Yay, you're not ahead of me! :woohoo:

Well, I just had a nice shower, cleaned myself up, peed out a few more grenades, all whilst singing along to my latest unlocked tune. All together now... "A silent, faulty feeeeeeeling." Or whatever the lyrics are. :dry:
And now that I'm all fresh and clean and relaxed, and baby's doing fine, I shall get on my bike and, according to the plan I've already worked out, I'll slowly and peacefully explore this area a little bit over yonder way and then maybe go back to-
Wait-
What now-
What the-
:argh:

I'm dirty again! :pout:
Attachments:

05 Feb 2023 22:54 #44308 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I am racing around the countryside at great speed though, and I'm clean and fully loaded up with my own urine and feces to throw at people 

Attachments:

05 Feb 2023 23:01 - 05 Feb 2023 23:03 #44309 by Valence
:ohmy:
I haven't done a Number Two yet. :S
Maybe that's why he's pulling those faces in my screenshots. (Faces not faeces. :dry:)

The bike certainly speeds things up and does make the map a lot smaller. It's great for racing past the MULES in that little spot and useful for very heavy cargo but it does seem to detract from the overall mood that you feel while walking. In fact I really wish I'd left it behind at the Distribution Centre for my recent journey.

06 Feb 2023 08:22 #44310 by Charlotte
:dry:

I have to say I am glad I never really noticed the baby in Val's screenshots...

Regarding annoying voices I had a Skyrim version of that, when I opted to try to help a woman who I called Anyanka, because her name began with A and she was annoying, like Anya was before she hooked up with Xander. Anyway, She kept walking into me from behind and then yelling "Hey, CAREFUL with that fire!" right in my ear. I wasn't even waving any fire around :pout: And every time I tried to take out one of those "sleeping" draugr she'd go "What are you DOING???" And then, if I missed and they got up she'd go "What's that? Eeeeee DO something!" and by the time I was ready to actually set her on fire she suddenly said "This is fun!" :blink:

Well, it's more fun without you, Anyanka :stare:

Also, she wanted a something at the end of the dungeon so I left it to her, but apparently she was unable to pick it up with her own two hands and I forgot about it, so I had to run through the entire thing again, only to pick it up and hand it over to her... :eyeroll:

Oh, and no, not the catacombs. The sewers. You probably can't access them without the Saints & Seducers thingy... And they were like no sewers I ever saw. Not that I saw many, except in the Witcher. Very interesting flora, anyway. But I feared for the health of my lungs just being down there...

06 Feb 2023 08:24 #44311 by Charlotte
Oh and :excited: for the statues. Been thinking that since they exist in the load screens there might be codes for them. If I place one on top of a table or cupboard it shouldn't matter that they're collision free :)

06 Feb 2023 12:34 #44312 by Valence
Baby's pod is mostly opaque when you're not playing with him but you can change that and even change the flow of his little light. :cheer:

Looking back at that list I can now only see the Ysgramor statue listed (but there are some altars and shrines there too.) When you search for statues quite a few of them are listed as loadscreens but when you focus on the LoadScreen subfolder it seems they're stored somewhere else. :hmm:
Will investigate further. :paranoid:
But those dragon models are super cool. :)

And that explains why I couldn't find sewers. :lol:
It's not that I can't access them, these locations just don't exist in my map. :shrug: