April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Gaming

04 Feb 2023 21:17 - 04 Feb 2023 21:19 #44292 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming

And you leave a little glowing thing behind on the ground when you get back up.

:blink: :x

Do you have to finish a particular quest/line to be offered Proudspire? I haven't heard anyone talk of it yet, but I now have 140,000 gold or more on hand... So I think I can afford it... :dry:

And while I never needed to enchant stuff to makeextra cash I realised (today!) that it would be an efficient way to increase that particular skill.... :dumb: I did finally destroy an amulet necklace to learn the enchantment, made a potion to fortify enchanting and used a black soul gem to make it good and managed to go from 15 to 17 points better light armour (or is it %? I think it's skill points... anyway, not an overwhelming difference...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2023 21:22 - 05 Feb 2023 12:36 #44294 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Just do all the nice stuff for the people of Solitude and Elisif The Fair.
She offered me the title of Jarl Thane the last time I saw her, but only if I buy the place. And I did set myself the rule that I would only buy it once I'd got over 70K which I should comfortably be able to do now. I'd been stuck on 60K for ages after finishing Lakeview and Honeyside and haven't really been chasing gold too much since then.

04 Feb 2023 22:02 #44295 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Well it looks like I have successfully finished the game and can now uninstall it as I have arrived at the location I am supposed to be to accept a new order, but instead of allowing me to accept the order it insists on cancelling it in an endless trash UI loop of crapness for the past hour. It doesn't matter what combination of things I try including closing and reloading the game, I am unable to continue.

10/10 would recommend 

04 Feb 2023 22:34 - 04 Feb 2023 22:36 #44296 by Valence
:S
Which order is that? (in a non-spoilery way)

I have had no such problem yet (although knowing you, you were probably way past me already) but I did encounter the crazy thing again and managed to get through it thanks to many of those weapons. I even managed to keep the bike (I was expecting to lose it from what Internet had implied) but it's in as bad a state as I am and baby isn't happy either.

Important cargo was badly damaged too but there was enough for the guy at the new city to be content.
But I need a shower. I feel dirty.

PS. And I'm wearing my Gordon Freeman glasses! :woohoo:
I should have acquired them earlier but I originally delivered that easter egg to the wrong guy. :dumb:
Attachments:

05 Feb 2023 10:09 #44297 by Charlotte
I kind of want the new Harry Potter game, but "85 GB SSD recommended" :dry:
By the time I have that, maybe the game will be old enough to go on sale, too, because it's kind of pricey right now.

05 Feb 2023 12:32 #44298 by Valence
I like the look of it too but all the specs of new games are far beyond me. The 85 GB hard drive is the only thing I can match. :lol:
Every time I launch Death Stranding it gives me a warning telling me my PC doesn't meet the specs before sending me straight into the settings.

The newest games also seem to require an alarming amount of RAM. The Hogwarts one requires 16GB but I've seen a few that need 32! :ohmy:
I think that's down to them trying to compensate for that GPU streaming thing that the PlayStation 5 has but the PC doesn't... yet.

05 Feb 2023 13:38 #44299 by Charlotte
I think they're in cahoots with the computer manufacturers, making sure we all keep buying new computers all the time because the old ones get old too fast. :stare:

In Skyrim, do you have the Saints and Seducers DLC? You have those butterflies, and I just found one in a S&S related little foray, so maybe you do? There's this bust that pops up everywhere that I'd like the code for :P
(It was on top of a stone thingy outside Karthwasten, in the Solitude sewers and at the fishing spot opposite Solitude (under the stone arch). I think it's probably of someonebad but it looks like any old man to me, so... Dècor! :)
Also found heaps of cool ingredients, ran to my greenhouse and....none of them can be planted. :pout:

05 Feb 2023 14:53 #44300 by Valence
I don't have the Saints And Seducers, it's a Special Edition Creation Club thing. Isn't that where the bug pets come from?
But that doesn't mean that they don't use default assets too so I shall have a look for those bust things and I have been to Karthwasten several times so I'll be able to travel there quickly.

05 Feb 2023 15:07 #44301 by Charlotte
Thanks. Yes the bugs come from there. But this particular bust - I have only seen it in relation to Saints & Seducers camps etc.

05 Feb 2023 16:19 #44302 by Valence
Can't find any stone thingy outside Karthwasten. :nope:
A screenshot would help but I suspect this isn't in my game.

Here are a few statue codes from the kit...
000FFF4E
0008ADCA
000D068D
000E3FC7
000AA93F

The only bust I could find is the grey fox one (which is a quest item) and there were two codes...
0010D180

This was all a bit of a rush job so sorry if they don't work or if there are any typos and I'm not sure about their relative scales. I will double check them all later this evening when I have more time to play around. :)