May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Gaming

31 Dec 2022 23:09 #43718 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
That's probably a mod thing rather than a not-GoG thing.
With SkyUI it looks like this...

...and now I've checked I'm surprised at how few stolen items I'm carrying. :ohmy:
I must store those elsewhere. :dry:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Dec 2022 23:15 #43719 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
One of the horses, probably. Maybe that's stolen too. :dry:

I keep my stolen stuff in a sack by the fr... oh wait, I probably shouldn't tell anyone, in case they tell the guards.... :paranoid: Anyway, I don't have a fence, so... I guess i must join the thieves guild first... I also now have 7 of those gems that need identifying or valuing or whatsit.

Anyhow. No more play tod... yesterday. :stare: (for me, I mean.... You can play for however long you want to...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

31 Dec 2022 23:21 #43721 by Valence

One of the horses, probably. Maybe that's stolen too. :dry:

They're ALL stolen. :lol:

01 Jan 2023 10:54 #43722 by Charlotte
:ohmy:

03 Jan 2023 00:01 - 03 Jan 2023 01:06 #43743 by Valence
I have now shoved a new hard drive into my PC and have about 900 free gigglebits to fill with games.
And I've started already with Shadow Of Mordor...

And yes, that guy behind me DID kill me.

It feels a bit like Assassin's Creed but with lots of Arkham-style mass fights and it also has an interesting "rival" thing going on where the baddies that kill you become more powerful in order to make you more determined to get them back. :pirate:
Just after an hour of play there's already a particular enemy that I really need to kill cos he's getting on my nerves!

EDIT: And then I got to play a bit of Death Stranding. Well, I say "play" but those cut scenes are so long that GFN wanted to know if I was still there! "Hello? You haven't pressed a button for twenty minutes!"
Sorry, I'm not dead in the chair, honest. :dry:
Memo To Self. Keep occasionally wiggling the stick through this awful dialogue. Yes, lady in red, "strand" is such a funny word. Do tell me all the meanings and spoonfeed me all the clunky metaphors of the plot.
But I did get to play eventually and am now over-encumbered even more with several ladders, something in my hand and...

...should I have left those extra boots behind? They now seem rather unnecessary. Especially as I've just found extra things to pick up over to the left. He's gonna be falling over soon. :S
Attachments:

03 Jan 2023 06:57 #43745 by Charlotte
900! :ohmy:

I was looking at new computers the other day and considered getting a total of 1000 GB next time... :dry:

03 Jan 2023 13:01 #43746 by Valence
I now have four hard drives. Three SSDs squeezed into the box (one 240, one 480 and this new 1000GB) and one external spinny drive (440GB) that's only occasionally connected. I mostly use the last one for backing up my paintings/videos but I do have one game in there too. :)

And after googling I think I do need to carry those extra boots after all. :dry:

03 Jan 2023 13:03 #43747 by Charlotte
I thought SSDs were a new-ish thing and your computer was really old. I'm feeling confused. Or old. Possibly even both.

...and very very sleepy. :zzz:

03 Jan 2023 13:25 #43749 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
A regular SSD uses SATA connections which any computer in the last 20 years is likely to have.

03 Jan 2023 14:23 #43750 by Charlotte
SATA as in Satanic? :ohmy: