June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

29 Dec 2022 20:40 - 29 Dec 2022 20:41 #43650 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
If you want something doing right, just do it yourself. :stare:

What's that, Arissa? Loot the dragon bones? I thought you meant "Lute" the dragon bones. :giggle:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2022 20:46 #43651 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
I had a lute, and a flute, and a drum. I sold them all for gold, lovely lovely gold mwahahahahaha 

29 Dec 2022 21:34 #43652 by Banj
I now have a new Lydia. I'm not sure how useful he'll be considering I just beat him to a pulp with my bare hands (which were cover in plate armour). I suppose if Man-Lydia dies I can just replace him too 

29 Dec 2022 21:45 #43653 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
Laddie-a? :dry:

29 Dec 2022 22:15 #43654 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
My Lydia just died... for the second or third time this crypt. I think I will resume tomorrow...

I probably should have stocked up on potions before going in. Not that I'm not already carrying about 40 kilos worth of them already, but I think I could use some more healing potions.

Btw, I'm supposed to test out some scrolls for a friend, and when I do, Lydia kills me, so I need to test them alone. But I'm not sure I know of a nice little crypt full of low level undead that I can manage by myself and that I haven't already cleared out. Although I guess they respawn eventually? :hmm:

I'll have to dream on this. Night night.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

29 Dec 2022 23:29 #43657 by Banj
Man-Lydia (for that is his name  ) is so dumb he's already got himself stuck on a rock instead of walking round it. Later he stepped in a bear trap... twice, and walked into another trap where a log hit him in the face. Luckily because he was hit in the head he took no damage   He is also not as good with a bow as Lydia-Lydia as he already shot me once 

I am now a thief (even though I didn't want to be one). 

30 Dec 2022 09:57 #43659 by Charlotte
I wanted to be a thief and I still haven't pickpocketed anyone or stolen anything much. Except from bandits.

My Lydia-Lydia wasn't very clever yesterday, before she died several times, as she nearly died another several times due to using one of those spiked gate traps to kill draugr. I stayed out of it, which is presumably what kept Lydia alive... :dry:

30 Dec 2022 13:02 #43661 by Charlotte
I have now changed the gender of my mannequins, and changed them to nords, so that a buggy helmet would show up.

I also tried killing those last draugr deathlords but failed. I tried keeping Lydia out of the way but apparently "Wait here" doesn't suffice if she perceives that I am threatened. There are things at the location in question that should help with those guys but with Lydia constantly getting in the way, it just doesn't work out that way... :paranoid:

So, I hauled the loot back out, then fast travelled back and forth 4 times to get it to one of my houses, and then I decided to just ride instead of going a fifth time, so that's where I am now at. Trying to find the right road... :dumb:

30 Dec 2022 13:33 - 30 Dec 2022 13:34 #43662 by Charlotte
:argh:
That mannequin now wears the assassin's armour AGAIN! Except on it's feet where it has elven boots. The elven boots that were enchanted but now are not.

*sigh*
I hope those shrouded armour pieces are valuable so I can at least make money off of the darn thing. :stare:

It does seem mannequins are very glitched, though. Probably best to never use them for "safe keeping" of items one likes...

Edit: And why is it Ma'ik always appears just before and/or after I am attacked? I know I saw him talk to one of the attackers once. :paranoid: 

30 Dec 2022 14:05 #43663 by Banj
You obviously need to ditch Lydia and get a Man-Lydia. Man-Lydia is far too dumb to get himself killed. It took me ages to get into a Dwemer place because he would run away up the hill and into the distance instead of just walking through the entrance way. I ended up getting him to wait outside and told Horse to keep an eye on him while I went in and did the place on my own. Then I walked through experiencing flashbacks to the nightmare of Morrowind where I had to make several trips to clear the place out because Dwemer stuff is all insanely heavy. I will need to return there at some point in the future.

I think the repeated punches to his head when we first met gave him sever brain damage.