June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

CGAN June24 - Film Noir Poster - WIPs

01 Jun 2024 13:47 #50437 by Banj
Film Noir Poster

Brief:
Design a poster for a fiction Film Noir movie with a fantasy or Science fiction theme.

Deadline: Midnight on Sunday the 30th of June. 

This thread is where you post your WIPs (works in progress). Finals should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/current-...poster-final-entries

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2024 14:27 #50553 by Banj
I have cobbled together a rough layout for a retro film noir remake of a well known film  Now the nightmarish world of painting decent likenesses 

WIP 1:

Attachments:

10 Jun 2024 16:41 #50554 by Valence
Mysterious red boxes. :paranoid:

10 Jun 2024 16:50 #50556 by Charlotte
Will it have modern actors or will it be one of those CGI dead actors films? :dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Jun 2024 17:14 #50560 by Banj
The red boxes are just place holders for text.

The film is an imaginary version made in the late forties/early fifites, so the actors would be the real actors shown in the mockup 

10 Jun 2024 19:18 #50563 by Charlotte
oohhhh.... when you said remake I figured the original was from the 40ies or so...

10 Jun 2024 19:37 #50564 by Banj
I guess I phrased it poorly. It's more a "what if the film was made then?" deal. 

10 Jun 2024 19:43 #50566 by Charlotte
I see :)

I was considering using actor likenesses too, but for the idea I actually have their faces wouldn't show anyway I guess, so... it wouldn't be much point. :dumb:

24 Jun 2024 18:17 #50757 by Valence
Remember that classic 50s film where Humphrey Bogart's famous detective was shot and killed and then his body was brought back as a robot policeman?
Or something?? :S

I have got a bit further and finger-painted most of the car but that's saved on another device and may get posted later when I find the file. It's still gonna be tricky to finish this as there's just too much football on TV this month. But we'll see what happens. :shrug:
Attachments:

24 Jun 2024 20:30 #50759 by Charlotte

football

:argh:

You're just like my dad :stare:
(Except - possibly - that he's half deaf and has the sound turned up really high...)