June challenge - Film Noir Poster

Deadline for entry:

May challenge Winner Announced!

Gaming

27 Dec 2022 17:38 #43591 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Gaming
and why do some items have different item ID numbers when they look identical? :stare:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2022 18:14 - 27 Dec 2022 18:37 #43595 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming
Todays Epic free game is Severed Steel and there's also a free art book for the game listed on the store page, don't know if the art book is any good but I thought I'd mention it 

27 Dec 2022 18:24 - 27 Dec 2022 18:37 #43596 by Charlotte
Wrong topic?
:whistle:

27 Dec 2022 18:38 #43597 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Gaming

27 Dec 2022 18:43 #43598 by Charlotte
:ohmy:

:stare:

27 Dec 2022 19:20 #43599 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Gaming
And tomorrow's apparently looks like Mortal Shell. :aha:

27 Dec 2022 20:08 #43600 by Valence
I am now trying to un-update Witcher 3. :lol:

27 Dec 2022 20:17 - 27 Dec 2022 20:20 #43601 by Charlotte
I'm still trying to find and identify furniture codes. Seems everyone who's interested in console cheats just care about the riches you can get by placing gold and jewels directly in your inventory and nobody really cares for the furniture items. Except that one person I linked to the other day.

And how they found their codes for some items, I don't have a clue. "Candle" for instance only helps you find 5 different versions of candlesticks, none of them actually containing candles. "Lantern" gets you an empty lantern but not a lit one. "Shelf" got me some of the bookshelves, but they all seem to have 2-5 instances of each model. So you have to sort through an awful lot of ID numbers without much to show for it. One item was called shelf with display case but there was no display case... :argh:

Edit: Oh and there were two container items named shelf, one looking like a shelf and the other invisible. The shelf one didn't appear as a non-container among the shelves, and I know there is at least one more similar model and that one didn't appear either. :shrug: 

27 Dec 2022 20:46 - 27 Dec 2022 21:11 #43602 by Valence
Creation kit doesn't have a full list or search function for id codes. You can only see the codes in the cell window if they're already in the scene.
I did find  this link  that supposedly has a spreadsheet of them all but I can't open it so who knows what's really in that download. :dry:
Only try it at your own risk. :stare:  

Here's another one  on Nexusmods which may be safer seeing as I've heard of that site. :)

Edit: And at the current rate of progress Witcher 3 is gonna take at least three times longer to fix than it was to break.

27 Dec 2022 21:09 #43603 by Charlotte
I think I saw that file previously.... But it's from 2011 so I figured there's probably lots of content missing...

Meanwhile I have started furnishing my armoury. And as usual, finding pics of where things go to decide if I want them, is difficult. I placed the mannequins (and I guess I'll have to figure out Vertex so I can get the female mannequin mod :stare: ) but I'm not so sure about other things. Two of the mannequins have lanterns next to them, which means light sources - and I learned today that light sources are separate from the items, so if I opt to remove the lanterns I'll have light sources from nowhere (they can't be removed).
And display cases - are you supposed to just drop things into them and hope they land nicely? They don't seem to have a function for adding stuff... And I want to know where exactly the archery targets will end up. :pout: